Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack Swap
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.

Old 05-14-2005, 10:05 AM   #1
Coming two

Tack Swap - Renewed 2012

You guys are free to organize this kind of thing on the forum. I would suggest the following as guidelines though:

Don't post your full names and addresses -- save that sort of stuff for email. Please also leave prices to emails and PM's also.

Be wary of trading with newer people who haven't posted much.

Don't mail away anything without the understanding that you might not get anything back in return.

Post photos of the goods if possible so that there are no misunderstandings about what's being traded. Please if you can try to keep the photo size down so it's easier to load up the page.

Keep shipping costs in mind --

Have fun with this!

Last edited by Moderator; 09-22-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Horsetopia-Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
Kid Safe

Moderator's Note About Replying Here:

- The Tack Swap is a place where Horsetopians can trade tack with other Horsetopians. It is not a place to post ads of tack you have for sale. Please, use the Horsetopia Classifieds for tack to place ads of items for sale.
**Currently, we are allowing you to also place these types of posts in the regional forum closest to your personal region.**

- Replies should not include: prices, email addresses, personal addresses, or phone numbers. For these details, use the Private Message option to contact the person with the item you are wanting.

- Replies should be in a "Items I Have & Items I Need" format.
Please, post the items you have to trade, with photos if you have them, and then post the items you are willing to trade those items for.

- Remember, buyer and seller beware. Please, be cautious of the people you are trading items with, especially if you do have transactions that involve monetary exchange.

- Make sure that all angles of the trade are discussed fully so misunderstandings can be avoided. Discuss who is expected to pay for shipping, the length of time it will take to ship, which carrier is handling the delivery, etc... If you are to send tack to someone, please, do so in a timely manner after receipt of payment or tack in trade.

- Individual Posting Privileges in this area may be removed if reasonable complaints are filed. While we cannot monitor transactions or prevent fraud, Moderators may choose to disallow members to post in the Tack Swap if there is a reported dispute over a transaction.

- This topic will be edited monthly to keep it up to date. Please, do not post replies more often than 1 every 2 weeks. You are always welcome to edit your replies to reflect changes in items for trade. Replies older than the month prior to the current month will be removed.

Moderators may choose to edit replies to the Tack Swap that do not fit these guidelines. If you have any questions, please, contact a moderator for assistance.

Last edited by muttduck; 03-18-2008 at 12:15 PM.
muttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Super Moderator

To keep this thread from getting too cluttered, please only post your tack items and use PMs for everything else. Do not post comments like, "Do you have pictures" or "Is this still available"? Contact the poster via PM. Also, do not post, "I PMd you!"

Your cooperation will help keep this thread on topic and easier to read.
Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Long Yearling

I am looking to buy a Stop And Turn.

Right now I am borrowing one to use on my son's pony. So far it is working out great for him since he isn't very strong.

Not looking to spend much and used is just fine with me

Samba - 2009 grey Andalusian gelding
Flint - 2012 bay Friesian/Arabian gelding
boo_loves_kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
Newborn Member

Hey I have a gorgeous handmade competition reining saddle for sale, 16 inch seat we bought it last year and it has never been used due to injuries that inhibited me from showing. Beautifu simple tooling with unique montana silversmith silver on it. Rough out seat. Willing to trade for a slick fork or association saddle. PM if interested in making an offer or trading. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
Started

Circle Y one ear bridle with silver. Originally was light oil but has aged to a light medium color. It has some marks near the buckles where it was adjusted for different horses but the leather is in good condition and the silver is still nice. $55. SOLD

Last edited by lopintoo; 03-15-2013 at 08:29 AM.
lopintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
Greenbroke Member

facebook album with stuff for sale, may be open to trades for western tack, blankets, boots, etc.....depends on what it is

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=2a70ea9ca4

1. SOLD
2. Trayner Adult Half Chaps by Treadstone size M. $60
3. Farnam Supermask Fly Mask (size Foal/Pony) Never worn $12.00
4. Lettia Coolmax Clik Girth size 46", only tried on horse once, never worn. $50.00
5.Woman's Ariat Challenge Field Boot (pull on) size 7B. medium height, regular calf. Brand new, never worn outside. $175
6. WELL USED Woman's Ariat Challenge Field Boot (pull on) size 7B. medium height, regular calf. $50
7. Reinsman Navajo Tacky Too Pad Pink & White $50
8.Soft rope split reins with water loops and claw snaps at one end and leather poppers at the other. Each measures out around 7.5' long. $15.00
9. SOLD
10. SOLD
11. Red Profesional Choice Tail Wrap. Used only a couple times. $10.00
12. SOLD
13. custom made single loop soft rope reins with water loops and snap claws. approximately 10' long total $15.00
14. Men's Size 8 Lucchese 2000, worn but not abused. nice and soft and ready to wear. if I could make my foot grow, I would not be selling them. they are gorgeous!!! comparable boots are selling for $400+ $200
15. SOLD

Last edited by jazzymonster; 02-23-2013 at 10:58 PM.
jazzymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
Halter broke

Miniature Horse Stuff For Sale

I Don't Have Minis Any More So I Thought I Would Put It On Here To See If Any One Would Be Interested In Buying Or Trading.

A Miniature Horse New Full Neck And Shoulder Sweat Size Medium $30.00

A New Book " Step By Step Gude To Training A Miniture Horse To Drive" By Mindy Schoder 20.00

Looking For:::::
Western Back Cinch For My Saddle,
If You Are Interested Please Pm Me For Pictures And More Information

Last edited by ApplyJack; 03-25-2013 at 12:05 PM.
ApplyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #9
Pasture Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselady View Post
I have 10 sets of english irons that I would like to sell as a group, .make offer

the small one i use for a mini

the o ring small one is 4 1/5 inch, the largest is for a draft

the D-Ring Snaffle has been mailed today to buyer.

$7. each does not included shipping.
I still have these bits for sale.
these are still for sale 8 each includes shipping

Last edited by horselady; 03-28-2013 at 05:31 PM.
horselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
Yearling Member

Thought I would update with the things I have for sale:

English Bridle with reins - COB size. I have TWO of these, one is oiled and used once, the other is not oiled and still brand new. Asking $75 for the new one, $65 for the oiled one. I paid much more for these. Will ship at buyer's expense.

Black jumping front boots. Leather exterior, neoprene interior for easy cleaning. Brass buckle closures with elastic. These boots have been worn once before I bought them, and they are too small for my horse. They say to be COB size, but were too short for my refined OTTB mare, would fit a pony better. Perfect for Equitation, Jumpers, Cross Country, or just schooling. I love these boots, I wish they fit my horse!

Asking $55. Can ship at buyers expense.

‎16.5" PJ Bruno Delgrange saddle. Medium tree, measures 4" dot to dot. Flap measures 13" from the stirrup bar to the bottom of the flap. Sadly outgrown. Deep seat, big puffy knee rolls. Sits you in the perfect position for Equitation, Jumpers, and Hunters. Excellent for staying in the tack on harder jumping horses.

2 areas of wear are where the knee rolls meet the flap. The small tears have been there since I bought the saddle in '05 and haven't grown much in the 7 years of riding. The rest of the saddle is in Excellent condition. This saddle has fit every horse I have put it on, very versatile!

Saddle has been well taken care of with proper cleaning, conditioning, and cover. Feel free to message me for additional pictures or questions.

Asking $900 for a quick sale! Will ship at buyer's expense.

Black horse sized bitless bridle. Looks exactly like Dr. Cook's, but isn't. Used once, mare didn't like it. Does not come with reins. Asking $75. Will ship at buyer's expense.

Please PM me if you would like something or want more pictures, I don't always check this thread. I will consider any offers on all items!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BitlessBridle.jpg (60.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #11
Started

A couple handmade bits we have listed on ebay...

This is a pretty nice bit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handmade-Bit...-/130860914755

Don't know what this was originally made for but DH thought it was interesting and bought it to resell.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unusual-Hand...-/130860923635

Needing:

We are looking for a build up or orthopedic saddle pad. The kind made for a sway backed horse. DH's gelding has a thick muscled shoulder/wither area and it makes fitting him with a saddle very hard so we are looking for a pad to fill in the area behind the wither (not on top of the wither) and back area to take some pressure off his withers until we can find the right saddle.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
Yearling Member

english stuff

I have 5 wintec gullets and the gauge and a few screws $70+shipping

Brand new with tags wintec girth with Cair 28" $50 free ship (that is what I paid for it)
5" Herm springer Baucher, Aurigan $190+ new. Asking for $100+ shipping

Last edited by shamrock84; 03-14-2013 at 04:21 AM. Reason: other item for sale
shamrock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #13
Started

Tex Tan Hereford Saddle for sale. It's an older well made saddle (NOT one of the new cheaper made ones). Normally we don't ride a roping type saddle because the seats on most of them are wider and not very comfortable but this one has a narrower seat/twist and is very comfortable. 15 1/2 in seat and has a good 'pocket'. It is in good condition and will last many more years.

This is our 'extra' saddle. The transmission went out on my Pathfinder this week. I always said I'd drive it until it quits....well it did. So now we are deciding if we want to fix it or go car shopping. I'd rather get something a little newer but it depends on how much cash we have to work with (I don't want a payment!). So some of our less used stuff is for sale. Here's a link to a CL ad and pics

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/3682564066.html

Last edited by lopintoo; 03-15-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #14
Halter broke

For sale-
17 1/2" HDR Advantage english saddle almost new condition. Leathers, irons, matching girth inc. $500
Wintec dressage saddle w/ leathers, irons, girth. 16.5" i believe. $100, childrens wintec 15"english with break away irons $100, nice 18" english close contact saddle. Very nice quality even though no name brand. Leathers and irons inc. $100
14 1/2? Inch roper saddle. Black, but might need some new dye. Never used. Wide tree. Paid $300, sell for $125

Wanted- sports medicine boots, fronts and backs, for 15.3 hand quarter horse paint.
Hoof boots (easy boots?) for trail riding. Large feet on horse, not sure how sizing runs.Also looking for medium oil headstall and breastcollar.

Last edited by turningstar; 03-16-2013 at 09:41 AM.
turningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #15
Pasture Pet

Quote:
I found in a box 10 pairs of english irons , i used them for one summer at a camp when i leased out horses
and i also found hangers for stall salt licks. i have 6 of those,
still have these
the salt lick hangars are brand new with tags.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
Pasture Pet

Quote:
I have 10 sets of english irons that I would like to sell as a group, .make offer

the small one i use for a mini

the o ring small one is 4 1/5 inch, the largest is for a draft

7. each includes shipping.
these are still available.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #17
Halter broke

Used 16 inch simco saddle. Round skirt,drop rigging, tree is sound and the leather is good, pliable, not dry or stiff and the stitching is good. Normal amount of wear for a used saddle. It has a 7 inch gullet, appears to have full QH bars. $250 shipping included. Decent name brand saddle for the money, would work for a short backed horse and is not heavy.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #18
Bombproof Member

Anyone interested in a saddleseat saddle in vg condition? 20" seat.

Last edited by Slim Pikkens; 04-19-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Slim Pikkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #19
Coming two

Tucker/Gaited Saddle

Looking for a tucker saddle that would be equal to a 15-15.5 inch seat. May settle for a gaited saddle of a different brand as long as it is good quality. Can trade a tex tan saddle or buy outright. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #20
Coming two

12" Dakota Saddlery Western saddle, QH bars, hardly been sat in. It's a great little saddle but I need FQHB for my daughter's horses. Paid close to $700 new (which I still have receipt for it), but I'll take $450 obo. I'll cover shipping if buyer pays asking price.

Used (once) 36" AirFlex Cinch - it has a rust stain on it where I let a friend use it and she tossed it in her trailer and it laid against a rusty old halter overnight. The cinch is still like new really. I like these a lot but I have too many. Asking $35 plus shipping.

Last edited by PaintedWonders; 05-01-2013 at 06:16 PM.
PaintedWonders is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack Swap

« Half Chaps | - »