Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack, Apparel and Equipment
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Newborn Member

anyone have experience with Free Spirit Saddles?

Just wondering if anyone has experience with these saddles as I haven't been able to find very many reviews. They are relatively inexpensive but stamped American made (which I like). I'm looking for a saddle to fit my Arab and I like that they have a variety of saddles which can be ordered in wide tree and round skirt. Here's an example:

http://www.freespiritent.com/catalog...O-p-19479.html
tigersoulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
Kid Safe

This place is located in Florida, the Orlando vicinity based on their phone number.

Years ago there was a company with this name or similar that was a distributor for inexpensive, cheap made and cheap quality tack. I don't know if this is them or not to be honest.

I did look at some of their western pleasure saddles.. some names I recognize from other sites and am not impressed with the quality nor price. Their own line of "Free Spirit" tack I have no idea of quality or reputation behind it.

If me, I would check with the BBB and see if there are any complaints, outstanding or resolved regarding this product and or company.

If indeed this is quality... if not buyer beware.

Give this post some time for response from some of our posters who either may have purchased from them or may live in close proximity to them and have seen and handled the leather goods if they have a retail location.
There are also leather craftsman and saddle makers here on HT that will give you a honest answer on quality and name... also can probably recommend some places to search for a saddle fit.... you are not the only one with a wide Arabian backed horse needing rounded skirts.

Good luck.
horselover4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Newborn Member

thanks horselover4life...I did a BBB search and found the company (they're located in Fort White, FL). There were no ratings or reviews for them listed though.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
Kid Safe

search through some of the older posts in the tack forum area.

I'm pretty sure there has been "talk" about them before. Like I said though I do not know if this is the same company.

I would be leery though honestly about them that Arabian enthusiasts are not endorsing their product with regards to fitting and quality of workmanship...
Do ask around with your friends about this company.
Word of mouth sometimes is the best advertisement for a particular product name.

I think I've seen them on Ebay with their stuff.... you can get reviews from there also as to the seller if a business and their customer service department and all that "good stuff" you need checking into....

Good luck.
horselover4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
Newborn Member

I did find a review from someone who lives in FL and said that the company wouldn't allow her to come and see it in person before buying...crazy! I'm definitely not getting one of these saddles...
Old 12-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
Bombproof Member

Tiger, when you do find another be sure to find out what the tree is made of. The best is rawhide (wood with rawhide shrunk to fit), wood coated with fiberglass, Ralide which is a very durable plastic. Even a Steele tree. If no info is forthcoming, pass it up. Any saddle that has fleecy material in the air channel should be passed up as well. Any saddle with a large > in the stitching near the bottom edge of the cantle should be passed up. Many saddles with this > stitching are sold under numerous names but all have the same origins. Many on-line sellers do not have a store front and do business in a manner called drop shipping. You buy the saddle, they order it and the plant ships directly to you.

Last edited by Slim Pikkens; 12-17-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Slim Pikkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:19 AM   #7
Newborn Member

Hi, I am the owner of Free Spirit Saddles & Tack, Inc. I moved to Oregon to take care of my parents and am now back in Florida. I bought property in Dunnellon and love the area.

Just want to clear this up. I have an internet business but I do allow people to come and even bring their horse to try on a saddle if needed. Love to see your fur babies. I buy and sell horse tack and I have custom saddles made in Alabama. They are made on lightweight durable rawlide trees. I use them myself and my personal saddle is 8 years old and I love it and ride all the time.

I don't sell anything I don't like or wouldn't use myself. I love my job and love horse people so give me a hollar if I can do anything for you. Merry 407-592-0697
FreeSpiritEnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:20 AM   #8
Newborn Member

Oh.. forgot. I did change the name to Free Spirit Tack to make it easier. But my website is still the same. www.freespiritent.com
FreeSpiritEnt is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack, Apparel and Equipment