Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Riding and Training > Shows
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
Long Yearling

Show Time!

Pip's first show will be this Sunday and after tonight's ride I really can't freakin' wait! We will be doing the hack division and the hunter derby, so one over fences and hopefully (if we get high enough points) a flat phase. If all goes well on Sunday than we will do the Child/Adult hunters which is 2'6ft and just hunt around those this year and just give her as much experience as we can.
She's been doing so well under saddle and over fences lately, constantly showing me her bravery and athleticism, my coach is also very excited about her saying with her looks and natural way of being she will be unstoppable in the future!

Wish us luck every one!
In_Between2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #2
Greenbroke Member

How exciting! Good luck to you both. Photos if you can get someone to take them please.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #3
Greenbroke Member

Good luck. My first competative trail ride is this weekend too. Am excited and looking forward to it.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #4
Long Yearling

Good Luck!
carshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
Kid Safe

Good luck! Did you end up deciding on a show name for Pip? Looking forward to the pictures
Old 06-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #6
Long Yearling

Pip was a star!
The morning did not start off so great with the weather decided to pour rain and be freezing cold, Pip was cranky from being brought in so early and did not want to stand still for braiding, mares
But, she loaded better than the two seasoned horses she was shipping with onto our 4 horse and backed into her spot like a champ! (This has come a long way considering it took four people 20 minutes to load her when I went to pick her up!)
Got to the show late with the announcer calling for 30 minutes before my division starts, race to the show office to check in while my coach's amazing wife got Pip tacked up for me, jump on, warm up and got in the ring just before they closed the gate! She warmed up amazingly, acted like she had been doing this her whole life. In the first class she did great, we were just in the hack division, was to slow picking up her canter transition and broke it going the other way because of the mud (we had never ridden in mud, or in the rain prior to yesterday) but behaved very well but no ribbons. Second class was the show hack and I really think she would have placed if some horse didn't run into her causing her to break her canter yet again haha. They even asked us for a collected trot which we have never done and she handled it beautifully! Third class was the pleasure and by this class she was getting very irritable with the other horses and the rain but aside from some pinned ear moments she was great again and we even got 6th out of 14! When they called my number and our names I was stunned! The judge had already picked her favorites so to even place was outstanding!

Next we were going to try our hand at the hunter derby because they had a little 2'3 class for it, but didn't think we would have to wait around for 5 hours! Poor Pip thought she was done for the day after a nap on the trailer and I think we pushed her baby brain a little to far, she warmed up okay but she was completely ADD the whole time. Got into the ring and our plan was to just school around and get her over some fences, but she was way to distracted by a horse out in the field, the judges tent, the stalls 50ft away with horses ect.. got her over some fences but we were excused because we circled. But all in all I could not have asked for a more well behaved little girl at the show! An extraordinarily long day for her and she did the best she could and now we know what to work on.

Oh! And I entered her as Wild Style, and I think I'm sticking with that, suits her way to well hahahah No pictures unfortunately, but I'll see if the show photographer got something, you guys might enjoy seeing her jump a 2'3 fence like it's 4ft (literally) and me trying to stay with her over that!
In_Between2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:53 PM   #7
Yearling Member

So glad it turned out well for you and Pip. Sounds like lots of things happening amd considering all I think she did awesome. Some seasoned horses would have trouble, especially mine with the rain. She doesn't mind how deep the mud but she doesn't like rain on her precious little head. Ha keep us posted and congrats!
groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Riding and Training > Shows