Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Riding and Training > Shows
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #1
Long Yearling

Show season 2015 goals!

I am getting so sick and tired of being cold, frozen and "blah" with winter lately that I have been trying to look forward to this years show season. After buying a new horse at the beginning of this year, this season seems to hold so much promise and adventure that I am very excited!
So I wanted to talk about goals, my goals, your goals, our horses goals.

With Pip being a baby and still very green I will start her by entering in just a local schooling show and put her in the 2ft hunters and see how she does o/f and handling the whole show scene. Should that not go well at all and it's a disaster and she's to overwhelmed, we will go down to the hack division and focus on just getting comfortable being at shows and being in the rings. Should she do amazing and not even be phased by it, then I might keep her at the 2-2'3ft level and do the Novice hunters with her and maybe a small derby here and there since our local provincial zone has decided to have a derby series this year!

So, those are my goals, what are yours?!
In_Between2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:11 AM   #2
Newborn Member

Send a message via Yahoo to thebadwolf Send a message via Skype™ to thebadwolf
Wow! Go you! My goal? Gaining the confidence to actually ride. early january I bought a 20 year old mustang with the spunk of a three year old. I haven't ridden in a long time and after having a baby I have zero confidence! Good thing my mare is very forgiving! Good luck with all your shows. I'll be happy just to ride without having an anxiety attack!
Old 02-23-2015, 08:56 AM   #3
Kid Safe

I am planning on selling my Morgan gelding who scares my husband, though he is actually a wonderful horse on trails, etc. and buy back a Haflinger gelding that I sold to a good friend several years ago. He has not been ridden in several years, but has the temperament of a big goofy dog. He has also gained a pound or two (or hundred) so I will be bringing him back into some sort of fitness. Hopefully his training will quickly kick back in. Also selling an Amish buggy that we drove on the road with a nice Morgan mare many years ago. Since then, we have decided driving on our roads is just too dangerous, so any driving we do will be off road.

Now if the snow will just GO AWAY!!!!!!!
singing tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #4
Kid Safe

Great goals! I just want to show my man Red in western riding. IF I ever get the time to show!!!
Old 02-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #5
Bombproof Member

Goals; work on confidence (big time!) Just riding would be awesome!
I would love to ride in our fun shows, I remember how fun it was as a younger person. Unfortunately, it is so hard to get people to work the shows, only a few of us. We get stuck doing it all and that leaves no time to ride.

You don't have to be crazy to be my friend,
but it helps!!!
sundancer maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:53 PM   #6
Greenbroke Member

Would really like to attend a few of the TWH shows this year. I want to snow the other horse a time or two at a hunter schooling show just to prove that I can do it. Now I just have to get the confidence to do it . . .
Old 02-27-2015, 11:20 AM   #7
Yearling Member

I want to take my two year old to the TWH Futurity in September and show him in hand and possibly under saddle. It's one class, and then he'll be in the pasture for the rest of the winter. We'll see. In hand for sure though. I'd like to put my mare in one of the spring/summer shows as well.

I'm also planning on doing at least one competitive trail event this year too, apparently there's one along the trails that I normally ride, so no reason not too!

Horseless, maybe I'll see you at the TWH shows this year!
Old 02-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #8
Greenbroke Member

Major -- there is a trail ride at graminia hall sometime in June or July some sort of poker ride thing. We should plan on attending and showing what our walkers can do!! Mine is currentLy at Star Walkers for gait training. Would highly recommend her for training. She is reasonably priced and very knowledgeable.

BTW -- I will be the one on the black horse LOL!! I say this because I know your mare is black too.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:09 PM   #9
Pasture Pet

I am hoping to get Dani out in Training level dressage and maybe Sport Horse under saddle, and to do some western with Izzy and the new second level tests. Also hope to finally finish the Arabian costume a friend started and take Izzy in the Native costume...a class where being nervous and flailing is desired!
EquineAlberta is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Riding and Training > Shows