Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Riding and Training > Shows
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
Newborn Member

Unhappy Alberta showjumping?!?!

Hi guys,
I am new to Alberta, I have moved just south of Edmonton all the way from the UK with my mare! She is a 4 year old warmblood X, I have previous show jumped a huge amount in the UK however now we have moved I have no idea how the Canadian showjumping world works!

Is there anybody in my area that could help?!?!

If so, where do I start! My mare hasn't started competing yet as she has not long been backed (6months or so) however she has taken a liking to jumping! Which is a whole other story! Anyways, does anybody know where any small, novice type jumping shows are that I could take her to. Or is there a website/facebook page that has these types of shows listed?! Planning to start competing in the spring!

Thanks in Advance!
abbie_owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
Halter broke

Welcome to Canada!

Amberlea Meadows holds a few jumper shows throughout the year: http://www.amberleameadows.com/horse...orse_Shows.htm

As does Maple Leaf Meadows, though their site doesn't have a current list: http://www.mapleleafmeadows.com/

WELCA has shows: http://welca.ca/events

You may want to join the Facebook groups "Alberta Horse Shows and Clinics" and "Edmonton Area Horsewomen's Club"

That should give you a good start! Maybe also google something like "Edmonton area horse boarding" and check out other barns to see if they have shows.

Hope this helps!
RideTilYouDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #3
Pasture Pet

To add to the above: Killerney and Devon Ridge also hold one day schooling shows starting with cross poles.
EquineAlberta is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Riding and Training > Shows