Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Product Reviews
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
Started

Send a message via MSN to sugarsgal
Wendals Moody Mare

Product Info - Natural Herbal remedy for Calming mares
Manufacturer: Wendals Herbs
Model Name: Moody Mare
Product Type/Product purpose: All Natural Suppliment
Price and Purchase info: Depends ($35 plus)
http://www.wendalsusa.com/wendals_eq...html#moodymare

- Product Description - A Natural mix of dried Herbs that Calm your mare and gives the Daily Required suppliments needed Naturally.

Pros: Easy to feed, My horse loved it since is was more like feeding a hanfull of dried flowers.

Cons: Small bucket didn't last long. Other than that Non.

Would you recommend this to a friend?: Yes

Other comments: My mare was in heat 330 days per year, VERY Moody (tail swishing, head tossing..just Nasty to ride) and had swollen udders like she was going to foal anyday. After 1 bucket, about 2 months on Moody Mare, her attitude chaged and was more plesant to work with, Udders are not swollen and her heat cycles decreased. Also My Mare had Allergies and this product did not affect her in any Negative way, no reactions.

Product was stopped for 1 week and she turned into her witchy self, her udders are bagging up again and UnPleasant to be around.

Overall Product rating: I give it a 10
Reviewed by: Me

There is no such thing as an Ignorant horse, there are only Ignorant people!
sugarsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
Yearling Member

I have tried it too. Works good, wish it came in a bigger container.
nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Started

I agree nickie, where I get it from, I can only get it in the small size. I think Wendals should change their packaging (bucket/Pail) and offered larger sized portions in Bags and reduced the price of the product.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:34 AM   #4
Yearling Member

This sounds like something I should try with my moody mare. Where do you purchase this in Ontario sugarsgal?
Old 01-14-2008, 06:33 AM   #5
Seasoned

I was going to try this, but wanted some first hand experience from someone who used it. My mare is horrible 90% of the time. In heat she is really horrible. I feel bad for her. PMS is horrible for a human so im sure she is worse. I might give it a try. The vet's solution was regumate or to breed her, but both are not practical for me cost wise.

PaintsQH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
Started

Berry, most tack stores carry it. I get it through my sister's store so I'm not sure of a price through a tack shop. http://www.brubachersharness.ca/index1.html This store is reasonably with a low markup and shipping is cheap.

PaintsQH, I'd personally not use regumate. For one it's expensive and 2nd I was told it's a steriod base and will/can mess up their reproductive system. If you plan on breeding up the road, I was told not to use it by my vet. I will not use anything now that is not herbal (unless it's a life and death situation)

Old 01-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #7
Greenbroke Member

I have wondered about stuff like that! Thanks for posting your review, Michelle! I just might try it myself. Well, not on myself-but Jade. Well, maybe myself too?
Old 01-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadesmygirl View Post
I have wondered about stuff like that! Thanks for posting your review, Michelle! I just might try it myself. Well, not on myself-but Jade. Well, maybe myself too?

Kim told me to try it om myself too

I didn't want to post about it till she was finished 1 pail and off it for a bit to see if it truley worked... And believe me IT WORKED!! Sugar actually struck at the trainer wich is odd even on her worst day.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #9
Started

Azera, it should calm her down mindwise as well. I'm still not totally familliar with what each Herb does but from my understanding Moody Mare has the herb to calm as well as balance out the mares hormones.

My mare wasn't really horrible spooky at things but I can say though, some things I thought forsure she'd spook at she didn't. Like a Backhoe starting up in the arena doors while I Lunged her, Snow slides off the metal roof while riding and one just missed us outside (That was a real shock, made me jump but not Sugar) and the slam of the man-door of the arena.

I recommend it even if it's for One pails worth. I got about 2 months out of the 1kg pail. With Sugar I gave her 1 scoop for the first 1 1/2 weeks and gradually buit it up to 2 scoops. She has a history of Colic and allergies so I took it slow and still seen improvements in that time.

The one thing I can't stress enough about is, please watch suppliments. Moody Mare claims to have all the daily required suppliments naturally in each herb. I only gave Sugar 3 mls Selenuim as she has a tendance to not absorb Se for some odd reason. Other than Moody Mare, she only gets Pure Biotin, whole oats and good Quality hay.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #10
Greenbroke Member

I was considering purchasing a mare in the future. Thanks for the warning though. I think I'll just stick with geldings, mares sound scary....
HighHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #11
Started

I have never tried this but I use Mare Magic, which is just raspberry leaves and it is inexpensive and really works, you can also use it on geldings.

I will try it if Gracie needs a little more come spring, we had to go to 2 scoops a day instead of one but she has been very good since upping her serving.

Remember to thank the horses for the happiness and joy we experience through them!

It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice!
barnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarsgal View Post
Product Info - Natural Herbal remedy for Calming mares
Manufacturer: Wendals Herbs
Model Name: Moody Mare
Product Type/Product purpose: All Natural Suppliment
Price and Purchase info: Depends ($35 plus)
http://www.wendalsusa.com/wendals_eq...html#moodymare

- Product Description - A Natural mix of dried Herbs that Calm your mare and gives the Daily Required suppliments needed Naturally.

Pros: Easy to feed, My horse loved it since is was more like feeding a hanfull of dried flowers.

Cons: Small bucket didn't last long. Other than that Non.

Would you recommend this to a friend?: Yes

Other comments: My mare was in heat 330 days per year, VERY Moody (tail swishing, head tossing..just Nasty to ride) and had swollen udders like she was going to foal anyday. After 1 bucket, about 2 months on Moody Mare, her attitude chaged and was more plesant to work with, Udders are not swollen and her heat cycles decreased. Also My Mare had Allergies and this product did not affect her in any Negative way, no reactions.

Product was stopped for 1 week and she turned into her witchy self, her udders are bagging up again and UnPleasant to be around.

Overall Product rating: I give it a 10
Reviewed by: Me
This is exactly how my 3yr old is..Do you think its just young hormones trying to get worked out..or do you think she would benifit from this?
she right now is to the point that i dont even want to do anything with her because all she wants to do is fight with me! ugh

Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Product Reviews