Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Photo Contests
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:52 AM   #1
Weanling Member

No Contest Due to No Interest

Hello fellow horse friends,
For the last few months I have posted the photo contest but there really has not been any submissions other than the admins. No hard feelings to anyone, we are all busy busy. If the interest picks back up let me know.
Thanks,
Laura
Old 11-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
Halter broke

There might be more interest if it was easier to post pictures. I am not a stupid person but I have no luck trying to post pictures here. On Kijiji , no problem.
lucky star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #3
Weanling Member

You are right it is not easy to post pictures but unfortunately that is how the site is set up.

Personally i just opened a free Flickr account and only use it for pics I want to post on here. Works great!
Old 11-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky star View Post
There might be more interest if it was easier to post pictures. I am not a stupid person but I have no luck trying to post pictures here. On Kijiji , no problem.
Here are updated instructions on posting pictures on Horsetopia. It's always worked well for me. I hope it helps you.

Posting Photos
First, you will need to sign up for a Photobucket account, if you haven't already. It's free. Just follow their directions.

Once you have joined Photobucket, upload your photos using the Upload photo(s) boxes at the top of the page (make sure to click the UPLOAD button) and wait for the page to refresh. Once the page reloads, thumbnails of your pics will appear on the page. If you hover your cursor over the thumbnail of each picture, a menu will appear. Click the "Share" option. A new window will then pop up with several Photo Links. Click the link in the IMG box. (After you click in the IMG box, it will briefly say "Copied" in the box.)

Then go back to your Horsetopia message (keep Horsetopia open in another browser window) and put your cursor where you would like the picture to appear, and press the "control" key and the "v" at the same time (or go back to the "edit" menu and click on the "paste" command) - the text from the photobucket text box should appear there in the message, it should look something like this:

[ img]the address of your picture on Photobucket[ /img]

Once you have pasted it in your HT message, don't add or delete any text from that line, or the image won't work. You can click the "preview" button under the message box and your message will appear above the message box as it will look when you post it.

An extra tip: when posting several pictures in a row, double space between pictures. This will leave a little space between the images, and will insure they don't run out to the side and get lost or require a reader to scroll forever sideways.

Proud mom to:
Zena - 12 year old black & white APHA Tobiano Paint mare
Sis - 18 year old grade POA mare
Pocket - 7 year old ASPC Shetland pony mare

Last edited by Terry; 11-12-2015 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Updated instructions
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:53 PM   #5
Halter broke

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/cd...7.jpg.html?o=0
Let's see if this worked.

Well it's a step closer but you still need to click to see the picture, not sure what else to do. They certainly could make it easier.

This is Shay, I love this boy.

Last edited by lucky star; 11-07-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:50 PM   #6
Pasture Pet

horselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:48 AM   #7
Halter broke

Thanks horselady

Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Photo Contests