Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Meet the Horses
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.

Old 04-24-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
Coming two

Send a message via MSN to Lady_Blood_Rose Send a message via Yahoo to Lady_Blood_Rose
Tank(11yr old BLM Branded )

So it has been forever since I have introduced you guys to a horse so without further adue....

Meet Tank.
It took me 4 years to finally get this horse .
When I first met him he was at a therpy center south of us an was lame in one leg, at the time I was going to pick up 2 horses - Pepper an Seminole an was offered him but we didn't have room on the trailer an the owner later decided to keep him to maybe turn him into a cart horse. Well guess none of that worked out as they later posted him for sale - no one wanted to pay for him even though he was absolutely gorgeous even if not broke. So he was sent up to a "rescue" an trainer along with another horse in trade for training on the other horse, that "rescue" rehomed him to some lady in NC while in transit they did not notice he got his flanks over the breast bar in the trailer somehow an he hauled like that for who knows how long. They had to cut the bar to get him free. The lady in NC didn't know how to run fence an he wound up escaping an taking himself down the hwy several times before they said thats it someone take him. So i get a call from his orginal owner asking if i remembered him, an wanted him an they would deliver! This was last year...
Needless to say I put 2 rides on him last year, got busy with my APHA Mare (who is in foal) showing her, this year, after the loss of my husband I got busy with this boy an have been training him to be my next all around horse.
12 rides in - he hit the trails like a champ, has learned his leads, stoped bucking at the lope an has a heck of a stop. ride #13 he went out on a wagon train style ride , I usually scout traffic an all that with the lead wagon but I decided I would hang back - well that didn't work out as I was needed to help with traffic an was PROUD of tank. He not only didn't care about cars, strange dogs running out, wagons mules an britchen he held traffic an dealt with an emergency like a champ. He's racking up ribbons showing in the fun an open shows an is being shown in the draft classes as he is a has some barabant breeding in there an beat out the big boys his first show by being constant as well as hiting all his leads perfectly .
Needless to say I am beyond happy with this boy an look forward to what will come with us Enjoy the pics theres a lot of them!

1st got him

1st saddle maybe ride?

Ok lets ride now that thats outa his system

ok lets change color

year later.......
Btw because of the idiots who hauled Tank an never noticed he was hung over the bar, he developed bad trailering fears an anxiety.. Year later He trailers like a champ alone or with other horses. Here he is with BLM Mustang Sugar Dollar in the background. As we head up to the Saddle club to use the awesome arena for his 1st ride in a year...(#3 actually total)

Ride # 3 like a boss!

Ride # 4 he hauled alone rode like a boss AGAIN!

So it became habbit to start riding him outside the arena. Time for the big scary new world an a education in ditch crossing, scary fire pits, crossing trees etc. that were down an or around the saddle club grounds. Lets do it!
After every work out in the arena we would ride the grounds an work on some issues - like ditches... It wasn't that he didn't want to cross, but he would jump a 2 foot ditch like an eventer haha. Took 2 times for him to learn, lets just step over . Oh an we had to concur scary barn isles to.

Tank says its all a peice of cake -speaking of cake, mom wheres mine?

Ride # 7 worked on loping an NOT bucking

Coggins Clinic NP! - btw did i mention he had a issue being very studdy an dominant wanting to fight with strange horses etc. Heh yea thats been taken care of

teeth floated - check! - noticed he was loosing weight even with a boost in food intake an worming so nipped that in the booty!

Lady_Blood_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:40 PM   #2
Coming two

Send a message via MSN to Lady_Blood_Rose Send a message via Yahoo to Lady_Blood_Rose
I was told by someone mustangs can't be kept together.... What planet are they from? Mustangs Tank, Dollar an of course Cinder!

1st Official real true no fences no safety nets trail ride! Chickamauga battle field.

2nd official trail ride - Dry Creek!! Which was not so dry. Tank went through the paces of all his gaits, crossed downed trees , loped an galloped like a cross country steed through water, up an down hills, navigated obstacles like he had done it every day of his life an swam a flooded swollen creek that he could not even touch bottom on like a boss!

Tank an his buddy Little Joe

Oh an this was his first ride with anything packed on his butt even though it was only my coat it still bounced an flopped an all that gettin him sacked out for saddlebags.

this was the DEEP one

Spring Fling Tank's first camp out, staying in a strange stall (which 1st night he tried to climb out of! so he had to spend the night tied to the trailer), an his first ride on the road an scouting!

(scouting)

Aight 1st Fun Show!!!

3rd in walk trot an 1st in egg an spoon

5th in cataloge race

I always get begged for folks to be let to ride my horses at shows - its rare an only a few select people get to. This is the first time anyone other then me has been on him this is little joe's owner Luke
Old 04-24-2016, 03:41 PM   #3
Coming two

Open show (following night from fun show - tank stayed in a stall an did awesome)

As a reward I turned him out in the outdoor arena which was a bit covered in grass to just be free for a bit .

warming up for our riding classes

never sat like this on him before - yep trust!

1st in open draft under saddle!

it was cold an we were waiting to run barrels!

and to end that weekend the Branded by Christ fun show
1st leadline reverse rider(NEVER DONE T BEFORE on him!) can't remember what my others where lol

ok ok thats it lol for now haha.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:32 AM   #4
Pasture Pet

All I can say is WOW.. what a great horse and he is wonderful for you.. you said it as caption in one of your photos.. TRUST...
he is a tank. and handsome.
horselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #5
Long Yearling

your pictures don't work for me.
Nypainthorsegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:09 PM   #6
Halter broke

me neither and I would love to see them. I always love your horses Lady. Who was the horse with the spooky blue eyes? This was a few years back.
lucky star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:43 PM   #7
Greenbroke Member

Some forums, in order to save space on the server, will delete photos after a certain amount of time. So it could be that or it could be that LBR has deleted the photos where she linked them from (i.e. photobucket).

Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Meet the Horses