Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Regional Chat > Forum for Florida
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Yearling Member

Exclamation 4 free horses(Horses have found homes)

--

Last edited by LBmare; 10-19-2008 at 05:53 AM.
LBmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
Yearling Member

Question A few questions: in love w/ Ollie

1. Where are these horses located?
2. How tall is Ollie?
3. What type of track injury did he have?

Thank you!
palomino_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Yearling Member

These horses are in ugh, I mix the two up, but either Coleman or Bushnell, so pretty close to Wildwood.

Ollie is...I want to say 15.2 but can not find any of my old ads for him-printed or online so do not quote me on that.

The...butthead of a vet who owned him said it was a bone chip. He also said he didn't have Xrays and would not do them. There is fluid in his knee(makes me question bone chip a little...) that has never gone down. When I had him I was using him for a lot of work around the farm-ponying horses, pulling fence, chased some cows(he's not particularly cowy but he does try), and other various things, and I always watched his legs carefully but as luck would have it I never had any issues, never found heat or abnormal swelling. However, this horse went on a rather bumpy, long(From where he currently lives to I believe Lake City, I could be wrong, but I know it wasn't just around the block) trailer ride with many frequent stops. IMO if it is a bone chip his owner should have removed it, but believe me, calling him a 'butthead' is being very nice.

I do have more pictures of him riding and I think a conformation shot from right when he was started back into work. While he probably shouldn't go through a lot of hard work unless more is done/known about his leg, his easy going way duly makes up for that. He is pretty unflappable, as you can see with the umbrella-He hardly batted an eye when I opened it. The second time Shelley met him we were standing a few feet off the road(because I had just come back from the trail ride around the block with the umbrella) and a big tow truck came blowing by-Not a flinch, blink, or noise from Ollie. The stories I could tell lol, the stories I could tell. I know it is Shelley's resonsibility to screen any homes, and I won't screen them but would like to keep some kind of tabs on him as he is a special guy to me. So if anyone ends up with him on here, pictures and updates are a must.

Last edited by LBmare; 10-18-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
Yearling Member

The horses are near Wildwood?

What's the story on Lily? How tall is she? Trained? Can she jump?

I have a few people, including myself that might be able to take her on.

Thanks

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
SEsporthorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Yearling Member

Yes, the horses are near Wildwood.

I do not remember much about Lily. She does ride because I have seen pictures but have never seen her being ridden. I know for sure she is not trained to jump. Height Iwould say she is somewhere near Ollie but do not know for sure.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
Yearling Member

and I am putting together a piece on ollie and will have that PM'ed out by request no later than middle of next week, but it will probably be done and sent out even before then, so please know i am not ignoring my PM's!
Old 10-18-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
Yearling Member

I will talk to my BO tomorrow about Lily, and I will get back to you. We are not far from Wildwood. If she is sound to have a future in jumping we will be able to find her a great home!

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
SEsporthorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:05 AM   #8
Yearling Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBmare View Post
and I am putting together a piece on ollie and will have that PM'ed out by request no later than middle of next week, but it will probably be done and sent out even before then, so please know i am not ignoring my PM's!
That would be great if you could pm me w/ that! In the meantime I will work on my husband!
Old 10-19-2008, 05:53 AM   #9
Yearling Member

These horses have been placed as of now..
Old 10-19-2008, 09:21 AM   #10
Yearling Member

Glad they found homes!
Old 10-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #11
Yearling Member

Me too pal, me too.
But I will keep my eye out for anything I see that was anything like Ollie-hopefully minus any soundness/health issues!

Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Regional Chat > Forum for Florida