Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Breeding & Genetics
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:40 AM   #1
Kid Safe

Send a message via AIM to ThorArb
Recommendations (2018 season?)

Hello,

I've got an Appy mare, Dezi. She is maiden, never been bred. 2006 model. I would like to potentially breed her not this coming season but next at the earliest. We have affairs to get in order for her prior to her getting bred. She will be moving to Texas in 2017 is the biggest event for her.

This is NOT a foal that I want to resell. Simply to get a son or daughter of her's to keep along with her. She is well I consider a pretty well bred mare not too shabby.

I am preferring to stick with another Appaloosa to breed her to. And one that is level headed and throws a calm temperament to the foals as well as being smooth fluid movers. Color is less important but the more likeliness for spots then Im pretty happy with that. But again Im just being nit picky with that. Dezi is also very sweet, calm and pretty level headed but does have a few mare days here or there. You know how it is. Im not into the show biz anymore so the stud doesn't necessarily have to be some big top knotch kind of guy. But I would consider those too. Im open to any and all advice.

You can see my mare's pedigree here: (and yes she is Neg for EVERYTHING before you ask)
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/totally+la

Also included the most recent picture of her, sorry not the greatest for her confirmation. And dont laugh at her being out of shape lol she doesn't compete anymore, but that's not her fault.

Thanks and again all advice is welcome! I haven't been as active in the horse world in the last several years so I am out of touch! Lots of homework to do!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dezi.jpg (93.4 KB, 9 views)

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Breeding & Genetics