Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack, Apparel and Equipment
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2005, 07:34 PM  
Kid Safe

How to build a miniature horse cart

I am looking for some details on how to build my own miniature horse cart! Any ideas on plans or where I can find some?

Thanks!
Range is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:18 PM  
Kid Safe

What kind of cart or buggy are looking to build?

two or four wheels?

sprung, or solid?

One, two or more mini horses?

welded steel (do you know, or are you a welder?) or Wood, or modern materials (plastic, fiberglass, alloy metals)

Are you looking for a working cart for training/fun or something you could take to a show?

for a basic cart, Easyentry builds a nice mini horse cart for like $450 for the basic model. Here is a link to one of the retailers online who sells them

http://easyentrycart.com/products/minicarts.html

taelesean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 08:05 AM  
Pasture Pet

First training-you do not want a four wheel cart
They track differnetly and can be problematic on turns Like going around a corner in a truck pulling a trailer-you have to remember where all your wheels are. 2 wheels easier
If you go to Lilbeginnings website-you can find a whole lot of info and there is a fabulous book on training your mini to cart
I like the easy entry carts-many companies make them. They are the basic-open on both sides for "easy entry" to the cart
I have been looking and looking for the same thing
I scored some harness last Saturday from a local horse trader-I have the problem of a tiny class A mini. It was Smuckers brand too-so it was incredible to find it-at 150 bux too
Be wary of buying the cheap harness off ebay-a lot of folks say that not only is the leather cheap and inflexible-the driving bridle blinders are not set right and sometimes end up digging right into the eye of the poor horse
Do you have some help in the cart breaking? I didn't till very recently so always left it on the back burner Now i have a trainer-the harness-only need a cart..yep guess we both do
good luck on your search-sometimes on Ebay they do have bargains-I just never find the carts in time! Maybe you will

This guy makes very nice carts and carries harness too-Amish made and so better leather than the indian stuff
Item number: 7166702659 this is one of his-nice price too!
Old 07-04-2005, 09:02 AM  
Coming two

I'm not really sure about building one, but my mom recently got a cute little cart and harness from the Amish. They did a wonderful job and atcually built the cart and sized the harness off of the measurements of my pony so everything fits perfect! I belive that it was reasonably priced too. Here's a picture of it.

You may also want to try asking around locally. Someone may have a cart sitting around in their garage that may fit your pony and you can get for cheap.

Jena <3
babycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:40 AM  
Pasture Pet

oh how cute
Sadly we have no amish around here..

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack, Apparel and Equipment