Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack, Apparel and Equipment
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 12:43 PM  
Newborn Member

Bentley-Gafford saddles?

I found a Bentley-Gafford vintage saddle that I really like but I have never heard of the company before. Does anybody have any knowledge on these saddles? Are they well made, built to last? I really don't want to drive 3 and a half hours if the saddle is poor quality. Any help is appreciated! Attached a couple picks of the saddle...

kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:42 PM  
Newborn Member

Question

has anybody heard of this company?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:56 PM  
Kid Safe

There are some very knowledgeable people here. Some have already been here on HT today... give them a chance to see the posting.

By looks, it appears to be a very nice saddle and very well cared for. I've never heard of the brand either, but not an expert on saddles.
I defer to those in the know!!

If you really want to know that this post is seen and guidance sent... pm Slim Picckens... saddle maker and leather craftsman, with a please help me. You WILL get a response...

Good luck.
horselover4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:26 PM  
Newborn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover4life View Post
There are some very knowledgeable people here. Some have already been here on HT today... give them a chance to see the posting.

By looks, it appears to be a very nice saddle and very well cared for. I've never heard of the brand either, but not an expert on saddles.
I defer to those in the know!!

If you really want to know that this post is seen and guidance sent... pm Slim Picckens... saddle maker and leather craftsman, with a please help me. You WILL get a response...

Good luck.
thanks, I will do that now!!! I am sorry if I sound impatient, I love the looks of the saddle and just anxious to know if it's worth the price and the drive. Thanks again

Last edited by kimber : 09-21-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:09 PM  
Newborn Member

Bently Gafford saddle

New to this forum but I was researching a bull whip i want to sell and found your question about the saddle. This is not timely but here it is. I have lived in Oklahoma City area most of my life. Raised Appaloosas (Plaudit stud bought from Hank Wiescamp in early 70's) and have dealt with Bentley Gafford for years in OKC cowtown. Very old and well respected outfit. I bought a 20 ft bull whip from them in the late 60's and it is still very good. I have ridden some Bentley Gafford saddles and thought a lot of them.
If you have not found much out by now, feel free to contact me at grif.pi@gmail.com.
grif1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack, Apparel and Equipment