Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack, Apparel and Equipment
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2010, 08:45 AM  
Greenbroke Member

Borrelli?

How do you tack experts rate the quality of Borelli saddles?

I am looking at one, an older one, i think, in a classified ad, very inexpensive........
still waiting for pics (which is STUPID to put an ad for a saddle, and no pics) , but the measurements are what i need, just looking for some input about the manufacturer, as i am not very familiar with them
thanks
tallyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:03 AM  
Bombproof Member

The Borelli's were the first more economical saddles that came in to North America. By economical for the buyer it was only because the labor was so much cheaper in Brazil. Any that I saw were of good quality leather and good workmanship. Guess where the Pessoa's are made?
Slim Pikkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:58 PM  
Greenbroke Member

thanks slim
Old 06-11-2010, 02:53 PM  
Pasture Pet

One of my first NICE saddles was a borrelli, You will be happy with it,if you decide to get it.
horselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:08 AM  
Greenbroke Member

thanks for your help......NOW all i need is for the silly seller is to cough up pics!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:33 AM  
Amy
Yearling Member

I wanted and English saddle just so I could maybe mess around and learn a bit of english... so I bid on a Borelli on Ebay. I am not even kidding, I won the auction for $12.50 and after shipping, was the proud owner of a $25 close contact saddle.

It mostly sits around collecting dust aside from the every now and then I use it, but I intend to start taking English lessons, soo...

For $25 I say it"s a nice saddle! the billets are a bit off-colored, like the leather oxidized or something? But the leather is still strong and supple. The seat also has a crack that was repaired. But overal, it is old and has belmishes, but seems very solidly built.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 PM  
Greenbroke Member

WOW.......guess i should check ebay!
Old 06-12-2010, 03:56 PM  
Amy
Yearling Member

Please keep in mind that this one is not in great condition. It is rideable and sound, and the leather is decent, but I would NOT use this saddle for anything like showing. I also probably just lucked out.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:03 PM  
Newborn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
I wanted and English saddle just so I could maybe mess around and learn a bit of english... so I bid on a Borelli on Ebay. I am not even kidding, I won the auction for $12.50 and after shipping, was the proud owner of a $25 close contact saddle.

It mostly sits around collecting dust aside from the every now and then I use it, but I intend to start taking English lessons, soo...

For $25 I say it"s a nice saddle! the billets are a bit off-colored, like the leather oxidized or something? But the leather is still strong and supple. The seat also has a crack that was repaired. But overal, it is old and has belmishes, but seems very solidly built.
I bought my Borelli saddle off of Ebay too! I payed $30 for it, shipping and all (that was a few years ago though); and there was nothing wrong with it. It's a VERY nice saddle for the price. I might be able to take pics of it if you'd like.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:40 AM  
Greenbroke Member

i don't show, never will........just need and extra saddle for hacking out, and the ones i have don't fit the horses is have......

i did check ebay, but no real bargains to be found......still waiting for "seller" to get pics..........i guess they are not all that interested in selling!

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack, Apparel and Equipment