Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Riding and Training > Shows
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2010, 10:30 PM  
Pasture Pet

Show prize ideas

I am getting very excited about our upcoming shows (I will cry if they get rained out!). I just got the ribbons yesterday, and they are beautifully done (big kudos to Ringside Ribbons!) yet very affordable. the shows are in July and August, with rain out date in Sept..

So, now I am looking for some prize ideas for the following:

1) Best Show Name award (will be voted by spectators and competitors). (thinking $25.00 value) The idea I had was a certificate for an engraved name plate? Will be awarded at each show...so perhaps should be two different prizes in case the same person wins at both shows?

2) 5th place awards for the classics (there are ribbons to 6th, and money to 4th place, but I want a small prize for 5th) Thinking under $10.00 value. Ideas I had were nice brushes, fly spray, or horse magazines.

3) Trivia prizes: these can be won by anyone, so not overly horsey. $50 value. Entrants will pay $2.00 to enter, so needs to be of some value to encourage entry. Proceeds are going to the Canadian Blood Services. There will be two trivia contests per show, so 4 in total. I was thinking baskets with themes...such as Summer Fun, Rainy Day.... I am planning to include some Canadian Blood Services logo gear.

Can you think of any other fun awards to offer? I have some decent sponsors so I want to represent them well with good awards; I would rather many small awards rather than a couple big ones. It is a jumper show. What about a draw for a prize for all the clear rounds in each division? Or a draw out of all the riders thar wear red (the show is called Ride for Red).?

Karen
EquineAlberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:55 AM  
Pasture Pet

Some of Anna's favorite prizes have been tall boot socks, water bottles, an Ariat backpack, and Tshirts. Normally the shows we attend just give prizes for being Grand Champion of a division, I like your ideas for doing prizes for other fun things as well!
Carri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:41 AM  
Yearling Member

Folks love to win stuff Anything to perk people up- it's great that you're doing this! I volunteer for lots of different events. Caps, visors, bandanas, cell phone cases, key chains, picture frames, candles &/or candle holders, any kind of grooming products, fly masks, coffee mugs and to go cups, water bottles or beverage holders/cozies, small soft coolers, any kind of gift card, coffees/teas/gourmet hot chocolate, candy/chocolate. It's nice too if you can find someone local who will donate something: a photo session, jewelry, blanket cleaning. Or try a volunteer type donation: one free day of stall cleaning for ex. Good luck & have fun!
HorsesUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Riding and Training > Shows