Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Product Reviews
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:33 AM  
Bombproof Member

Send a message via MSN to beth55051 Send a message via Yahoo to beth55051
Joint Supplement: Aniflex Complete

Product Info - Aniflex Complete
Manufacturer: Animed www.animedproducts.com
Model Name: Joint Care Supplement with Multi-Vitamins and Minerals
Product Type/Product purpose: Aniflex is made from superior ingredients, combining the benefits of Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Hyaluronic Acid, and MSM to provide the ultimate nutritional support for joint and connective tissue, along with Vitamin E and Vitamin C which nutritionally support healthy muscle and soft tissue, and Creatine which is a normal component of healthy muscle tissue.

Price and Purchase info: $20.29 for a 30 day supply, $47.39 for 80 days.
http://www.horse.com/products/sku-BWA53.html

- Product Description -
Pros: I chose this supplement because it had decent levels of all of the traditional joint/connective tissue supplements at an economical price.
Cons: The supplement is in a powder form and tends to stick to the sides of the bucket when fed.

Would you recommend this to a friend?: Yes, I would. I have been very happy with the results.

Other comments: I originally bought this supplement to help rehabilitate a gelding we purchased last fall. He has several joint/tendon issues including very straight pasterns, slight navicular, calf knees, and an old injury to a front fetlock involving the tendons. He has also suffered some pretty severe injuries in the past such as cracked shoulder blade, broken ribs and several deep muscle injuries. He has done very well on this supplement. It has kept him trail riding sound and allowed him to be able to run and buck and play in the pasture.

Overall Product rating: 7
Reviewed by: beth55051

If at the end of the day, all you have left is your integrity and honor. Then hold your head up, because that's more than most have.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:47 PM  
Coming two

I am interested in this product for our little Minnie... I was wondering how long you fed this product before you saw results...

Edited to add: I understand that results will vary, I'm just curious...
Old 11-26-2006, 05:44 PM  
Bombproof Member

Send a message via MSN to beth55051 Send a message via Yahoo to beth55051
When we first bought Sam he had been on Adequan shots (by his old owner, we didn't know, he was also drugged when we bought him so he appeared fully sound), we used him for one trail ride that fall and then let him sit over the winter. He would often step wrong and "twist" his bad ankle and then limp on it for 2-3 days before it would get better. He was always "tender" on his front end both his feet and his shoulders. When spring came I took him on a two day trail ride, he came up very sore on the front end, both his fetlocks and his one shoulder. Shortly after (about a month later) I started him on the loading dose. I would say I definitely noticed a change within the first two weeks. I kept him on the loading dose for the recommended two weeks and then dropped him back to the maintenance dose. When we took him camping I would up him to the loading dose for a day before, during and a day or two after. I can't bute him because he is both immune to it and an absolute bear to get a syringe into. He has only "twisted" the ankle once all summer and we also did quite a bit of trail riding with him up and down steep hills, stairs, mud, rocks, etc. We trail rode him almost every weekend in the spring and again in the fall alternating weekends. I do know that part of his success and soundness was due to the corrective shoeing we were doing and also due to quality feed. I knew he was defintely feeling better when he started running and playing with my colts.
He would also be sore for about a week after a reset, have shaky knees and limp a bit on his bad leg. Now the last time he was reset he didn't miss a beat and when we recently pulled his shoes he was only tender for about a day or so.

Did I answer your question?

If at the end of the day, all you have left is your integrity and honor. Then hold your head up, because that's more than most have.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:53 AM  
Coming two

Yes, thank you.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:12 AM  
Greenbroke Member

Jeff just tried something. When we were at the CA clinic in Waco they had a vendor who had a supplement like this. They had one for horses, one for dogs and one for humans. Jeff has awful, terrible knees. When he was 32 the orthopedic surgeon said he had the knees of a 70 yr old and they needed to be replaced. But he wouldn't do it until he was at least 50. He has been living in pain for years. Anyway I talked him into trying this supplement. It has the same ingredients as this one. It cost $47.00 for 120 pills. The instructions say to take 3 pills 2 times a day. Then to decrease until you find a maintenance amount. He took 3 pills and it helped him in a matter of hours. He said his knees felt "lubricated" and he could move it without pain. It's been a week and he now takes 1 pill 3 times a day. (he is on his feet 12hrs a day) I'm not sure how it would work for a horse, but I highly recommend it in the "humans" form!!! If you like, when I get home (I'm at work now) I will post the name of the supplement and how to order it.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:54 PM  
Yearling Member

Texashorsemom,
I have a friend with full body arthritis and would really like to know the name of that product.
I tried the cetylm for my old mare and do believe it helped her though it wasn't enough. The cost was getting prohibitive for me to keep feeding at the rate I was. I do intend to look into the Aniflex however for my other aging equines. Thanks Beth.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:46 AM  
Greenbroke Member

I just checked and its the human version of CetylM It's called C M Joint complex. Go to www.CetylM.com
Old 05-07-2007, 11:27 AM  
Long Yearling

I have used this and it seems to work pretty good.
Was wondering if anyone has used the Majesty's Wafers for joints?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:03 PM  
Yearling Member

Hi I have been useing Aniflex GL for years now 1st on a mare that had injured her hind tendons by the fetlock joint and had surgery she was 15 when I got her and now on my other 2 (19 & 17 ) and do not hear the creaks and pops in the joints like I used too I also feed whole oats and equishine to get them to eat the aniflex powder I have a 12% sweet feed just enough for the powder to stick to it other wise it ended up in a pile at the bottom of the feed pan and it can't work if they don't eat it Other suppelment/ feed dealers have said it is a good product.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:03 AM  
Kid Safe

During a 30 day trial on my horse I found that he popped in his left back leg so we took 5 xrays of it during the pre purchase exam. It turned out he had an old injury and a loose piece of bone floating around outside the joint. The vet reccomended to give him something like aniflex if he was to be worked hard. Well... I waited almost a year (during which the popping contiued) before I put him on anything because he wasn't being ridden but now he's on aniflex and I don't think I have heard him "pop" since I started him on it...

RIP Justin
You stole my heart and for that, I am grateful.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:30 AM  
Yearling Member

Hello everyone, I am new member and would like to ask a question and get other input. I have a 12 yo APHA gelding. 15.3, 1100#. Not fat at all. Alls I do is trail ride ( pleasure) and also mounted patrol, part time.
He 'cracks' or 'pops' (however you want to describe it !! ) in the rear end. It started in his left hip and has moved to his right hip. He is 100% sound. Rides like dream. Vet says 'horses just make noises' and I put him on a joint supplement by Springtime called Joint Health (www.springtime.com) It has everything but HA. 7k glucosomine, chondrontine, etc..... He has been on it 3 months now with no redcing of the cricks and cracks and pops !! My vet has done chiro on him also.
The only thing I haven't done, which I would like to do is get Xrays to get to the bottom of this !! My vet says not to worry about it, I am !!! Friends say, if he isn't lame, don't worry about it... I am !!! I have read other responses and it seems you ask 50 people, you get 50 different joint supplement reccomendations !!! I was just wondering if there was anyone in my situation, what would they do ???? Thank You. Again, I am a new member, in fact, this is my first posting. I live in SW Fla. Hurricane Alley !!!! Whoo-hoo!! Naples, Fla.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:47 AM  
Newborn Member

I have used so many joint products for my OLD school horses. Accross the board the AniFlex has been THE BEST product I have ever used. I recomend it to everyone. I know if they have missed a dose because they get gimpy right away. AniFlex has added years to my old guys! Tried it by accident Wouldn't use anything else. LOVE IT!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:08 AM  
Bombproof Member

I'm glad this one was brought back up since I kept meaning to come in here and comment and just never did.

I started my two old guys on Aniflex Complete per Beth's recommendation and I am very impressed! They squeak and pop considerably less and I can tell that my especially arthritic horse is MUCH more comfortable since he has been on it.

Two thumbs up from here!

Careful what you wish; Careful what you say; Careful what you wish; You may regret it; Careful what you wish; You just might get it. ~ Metallica, King Nothing
Old 08-30-2007, 09:12 AM  
Pasture Pet

Question: is this approved for mares in foal?

If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine of Hippo
Old 08-30-2007, 09:22 AM  
Kid Safe

Thanks! I have been wondering which joint supplement to try, there are so many. I am going to try this!!

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."
Old 08-30-2007, 10:07 AM  
Bombproof Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbarmranch View Post
Question: is this approved for mares in foal?

Val - it doesn't say that it is either approved or contraindicated for mares in foal (there are no warnings on the container), but I've researched all the ingredients and according to everything I can find, all the ingredients are safe for pregnant mares, including the yucca, which is the one I was concerned about.

The ingredient list is on this page:

http://www.horse.com/products/gift-0__sku-BWA53.html

Hope that helps!

Careful what you wish; Careful what you say; Careful what you wish; You may regret it; Careful what you wish; You just might get it. ~ Metallica, King Nothing
Old 08-30-2007, 10:15 AM  
Pasture Pet

Thanks - I want to try this on one of our older mares..

If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine of Hippo

Closed Thread

Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Product Reviews