Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Meet the Horses
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2006, 12:24 PM  
Greenbroke Member

6 month old colts new pics

Here is baby Bullets new pic. He is now 6 months old--he was gelded a couple weeks ago vet taped him and said he is now about 525-550 pounds and I don't have a measure pole I a roughly measure about 13 hands. The little beefcake!! He is a furry monster all ready for winter
That is my almost 13 year old daughter Taylor with him and she is 5"1" (she is skinny) but boy does he make her look small
He is really coming along nicely with his manners and he leads great --he knows whoa/walk and trot. Picks up his feet and backs. Very calm personality and is not spooky so he is a keeper
Old 11-10-2006, 12:35 PM  
Seasoned

what a little chunk!

what's he bred like? and what do you have planned for him?
miss leanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:05 PM  
Bombproof Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HorseLovinLady
Awww he's a cutie!!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:12 PM  
Coming two

He's a cutie! And he's got a nice stocky frame for only 6 months!
Old 11-10-2006, 03:15 PM  
Pasture Pet

What a little beefcake - handsome boy!

If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine of Hippo
gbarmranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:47 PM  
Coming two

What a cutie.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:15 PM  
Greenbroke Member

He is a registered Appy(of course non-chararcteristic) he does have striped hooves and schlera but apparently not enough mottling and absolutley no spots--yet?? Dam is Skips clasy Dol but she is really about 90 percent Quarter horse(other than she has all the Appy markings)and she has Leo and SKipper W breeding. His sire is Clarktowns Mr Doc-- FQHA stud. He has Docs Prescription, Poco Bertie--his sire Clarktown was actually a IBHA Champ etc... never showed in AQHA but did very well in the Buckskin shows.
In the spring I am going to try showing him at halter and showmanship just to see how he does. He will probably just be a all around horse--trail and local shows. Western Pleasure mostly--we are not speed event people and luckily he seems to have gotten his sires attitude not his dams--his Dam wants to run and is a little high strung. His sire is very very laid back
Old 11-10-2006, 08:16 PM  
Kid Safe

If he has any mottling at all, he will mottle more as time goes on - with the striped hooves and sclera, when the mottling gets more pronounced you will be able to change his registration from N to regular.

If he has any white hairs at all on him he will color out. You'll know for sure in the spring when he sheds out.

He really is a chunk - very muscular for his age. He will no doubt show very well as a yearling...
Faceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:29 AM  
Greenbroke Member

Thanks.............. I forgot you can get the papers changed. The vet said the same thing about him probably changing color in the spring --he looks dark but the vet said he actually thinks he may start to roan some like momma. Of course the vet is no expert.
I have to keep posting pics because this is my first foal so I have no comparison--no idea how big a 6 month old Appy foal normally is. I just know when the vet came to geld him he said he was a big stocky boy and is built well--made me feel good
And he was surprised how good he was at leading standing and that he had no issue with the weight tape etc..... which just confused me because I have done just about everyhting to him and he has no issues with ANYTHING---this is one big reason we are keeping him---I really think he is going to be an awesome horse

Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Meet the Horses