Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Health & Nutrition
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 06:41 AM  
Newborn Member

Question Photonic light therapy???

Has anyone had any experience with the Photonic light therapies? The “Photonic Health” 660 Pro Red Light in particular… I was thinking about getting one for my horses, and then my mom started having some real problems with diverticulitis. I thought maybe the light would help strengthen and/or improve the health of her intestines (I know it won’t cure the infections). What do y’all think?
merplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 AM  
Weanling Member

IMHO it may have some benefit; some being the operative.

I'm not sure I'd spend $198 to find out after my experience with infrared light therapy which isn't the same as this but in similar vein.

The infrared therapy did seem to help one horse some but certainly not enough to merit the $300 I spent on 9" x 11" LED therapy pad

The other horse couldn't stand it on his back and about swished my face off with his tail until I got it off his back.

Hopefully someone that has actually used the product you're asking about will come in with their review.

For my part, I'd be hesitant, considering the money you'd have to spend
walkinthewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:14 PM  
Newborn Member

660 Pro Red Light

merplate,

I have seen both of Photonic Health's lights work wonders on horses, dogs and humans. The 660 Pro will give you the quickest results. I highly recommend Photonic Health. The prices of the lights are actually quite low when you think about the fact that you can and will use it almost everyday. There are similar products out there with price tags as high as $4,000 that can produce similar results.

Reggie
reggierossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:13 PM  
Pasture Pet

As far as I know there is no documentation supporting this type of therapy as being any more beneficial than applying heat to the area.

I am not sure how it could possibly help your mom with her digestive system.
EquineAlberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:15 PM  
Started

The wavelength of this device (uses red light) will not penetrate to the depth of the digestive tract.

You *may* (although the evidence is very poor for most light therapies) get some temporary pain relief using it, by stimulating fibres at/just below the skin level, but it's not going to strengthen the gastric motility.

Saying this, light therapy is very safe, so it won't hurt to try if you are not convinced with my reasoning.... but don't put all your eggs in this basket.
*Giddy Up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:45 AM  
Newborn Member

Acupoints

Light Therapy may be able to help out with a wide variety of problems. Many people don't know that red light can also balance and regulate acupoints. It can be used as a less invasive acupuncture (without needles). Photonic Health has kits available that give you literature on where points are as well as what points can affect different ailments in the body.

I am not saying to put all of your eggs in one basket, but I have seen it work on so many different ailments that I encourage people to give it a try.

Photonic Health's lights come with a 90 day money back guarantee. Give it a shot. You will be impressed.

Reggie
reggierossi is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Health & Nutrition