Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Health & Nutrition
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2010, 10:21 PM  
Weanling Member

Send a message via AIM to PaladinCentaur
Help with hair on horse's nose or lack there of

I'm going to be taking my college graduation pictures with Hoss. My problem is that there is this spot on his nose that hair just doesn't seem to grow. It hasn't really bothered me till now. With the picture I want to take its going to be really noticeable. I won't be taking the pics till some time in April so I have plenty of time to see if I can get it to grow in. I have tried MTG but with no noticeable results. Any other suggestions of how to get it to grow back?

He doesn't wear a halter except once of twice a month and his halter has fleece on it to protect him. Its been this way ever since I've had him.

It doesn't look like he's keeping it rubbed off there just isn't any hair there. Its not red or scaley or anything. He doesn't act like it itches.

PaladinCentaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:25 PM  
Kid Safe

Looks like at some point his halter was too tight or something. I doubt if there is anything that will get the hair to grow back if it hasn't by now.

I never, ever leave halters on my horses - but somehow, my mare has some white hairs on her nose where a halter goes. Evidently, it does not take much to cause damage there.

Perhaps have him wear a really pretty halter that covers that spot??
singing tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:48 PM  
Halter broke

hmm yeah looks like something from a halter. i dont know of anything that would help it grow back if it hasnt by now. maybe you could put a halter/bridle or put your arm around his now and rest your hand there? hes very cute by the way
Old 12-23-2010, 09:16 AM  
Weanling Member

Send a message via AIM to PaladinCentaur
Those are great ideas. Thanks so much to you both.

Might see about getting him one of those personalized bronc halters or something. I've been wanting to get him one anyway.
PaladinCentaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:25 AM  
Started

Or chalk it in. Take white grooming chalk and color it in. In the dog world - you take kolestoral (human hair goop) put a tiny bit in the hair, then take white chalk and work it into the spot - brush out excess, set with a tiny bit of hair spray. Then do not take a close up pic of that spot and I bet you won't even notice it!
alliebath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:00 AM  
Yearling Member

Photoshop it.
Ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:09 AM  
Kid Safe

I like the bronc halter idea! They have some really cool ones that would dress up your pics anyway. Now that we have solved your problem, you do need to post of shot or two when you get these pics taken

I had my high school grad pics taken on my big appy (many moons ago). I loved it!
singing tree is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Health & Nutrition