Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2008, 07:13 AM  
Long Yearling

Do Horses Go To Heaven?

It's funny what a misconception we have of heaven being a place where we are going to float around on clouds playing harps. Doesn't sound like much fun when you could be galloping across an open field on your horse - does it?But nothing in Scripture supports the clouds/harp image - those are manmade.

We do know we will have new bodies, and that Jesus has prepared a place for us - but will that include our four-legged friends? One of the questions that we all wonder since we love our animal friends is: When a beloved animal friend dies, what happens to them? Do they have a soul?

We have been visiting this church and I really appreciated last week's sermon. The implications gave me much to think about and also gave me comfort about the recent loss of my beloved quarterhorse Bo and this past September of my canine best friend Nikki. Its the closest I have heard to a preacher addressing this question. It will take a while to listen to, but I think you'll be glad you did.

Go to the following link:
http://www.thebranch.org/chrislibrary.htm
and then select the message from January 27 called Planet Earth

I think it'll give you alot to think about...

Visit us at www.goldencrossranch.com
Bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:21 AM  
Yearling Member

Well, in my heaven, I am going to see ALL of my family, friends, and animals again. I belive God has made a place for them too as they are part of his creations.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:00 AM  
Started

Of course there's horses in heaven! How could they call it HEAVEN if there weren't??????
Mule Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:09 AM  
Kat
Yearling Member

...and dogs and birds and cats and mice and guinea pigs and hamsters and cows and lizards and chickens and peacocks and fish and elephants and...
Well, you get the idea!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:11 AM  
Kat
Yearling Member

Hey look! I just turned into a yearling!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:47 AM  
Yearling Member

Thank you for the link. I listened to the sermon and was truly blessed.
It is amazing the work of God!
doxies13isenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 AM  
Kid Safe

If there are no horses in Heaven, then it can't be paradise.

taelesean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:39 AM  
Pasture Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelesean View Post
If there are no horses in Heaven, then it can't be paradise.
I have to agree... animals have intellegience, and the capacity to love.. so I am sure that God has a place for them, and we will be able to enjoy our beloved four legged friends once we get there..

If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine of Hippo
gbarmranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:50 AM  
Yearling Member

Of course horses go to heaven -- even the rogue ones go there too.

When my girls were little, we talked about their idea of heaven. (We did this while cleaning stalls one day.) Our older daughter said that her idea of heaven isn't the typical blue skies with white puffy clouds; rather, it's gorgeous green pastrues as far as the eye can see, fenced and crossed fenced with white board fencing. Occasionally, you'll see a small stone cottage in the clearings. She also said there is no horse manure in Heaven because as soon as it hits the ground, the piles are transformed into bouquest of beautiful flowers that disappear at midnight (therefore, no pastures to keep clean or stalls to much).

Just one last thing (and this is my personal favorite...) she said on every fence post sits an unwrapped Hershey's kiss. If you eat one, another one magically appears for the taking.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:50 AM  
Long Yearling

GBarM, I agree but its really nice to see that our "wishful" thinking has support in Scripture also - that God knows and gives us the desire of our hearts The preacher does a wonderful job speaking on ALL of God's creation. I know the peace I feel is as if I am in heaven on earth everytime I am out in in His creation and enjoying my four legged friends...

Visit us at www.goldencrossranch.com

Last edited by Bonanza : 02-05-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:52 AM  
Long Yearling

If horses (and dogs and rats and cats etc) aren't there, I'm not going
Hmm, I seem pretty confident that I'll make there anyway!
I'm clearer on my idea of He**, standing in a bank line up with a 2 year old boy!

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition Monty Python
ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:50 AM  
Pasture Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
GBarM, I agree but its really nice to see that our "wishful" thinking has support in Scripture also - that God knows and gives us the desire of our hearts The preacher does a wonderful job speaking on ALL of God's creation. I know the peace I feel is as if I am in heaven on earth everytime I am out in in His creation and enjoying my four legged friends...
I agree... I loved that link..

If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine of Hippo
gbarmranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:02 AM  
Started

Send a message via MSN to DustyTrailsHorseRescue
Of course we will be reunited with our animal friends. If not, I'll change it when I get there
Old 02-05-2008, 11:03 AM  
Coming two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemstar View Post
Of course horses go to heaven -- even the rogue ones go there too.

When my girls were little, we talked about their idea of heaven. (We did this while cleaning stalls one day.) Our older daughter said that her idea of heaven isn't the typical blue skies with white puffy clouds; rather, it's gorgeous green pastrues as far as the eye can see, fenced and crossed fenced with white board fencing. Occasionally, you'll see a small stone cottage in the clearings. She also said there is no horse manure in Heaven because as soon as it hits the ground, the piles are transformed into bouquest of beautiful flowers that disappear at midnight (therefore, no pastures to keep clean or stalls to much).

Just one last thing (and this is my personal favorite...) she said on every fence post sits an unwrapped Hershey's kiss. If you eat one, another one magically appears for the taking.
Picture perfect. I love the Hershey's kiss part.
SheriK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 AM  
Bombproof Member

No.

Last edited by Lady_MCSE : 02-05-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Lady_MCSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:08 AM  
Weanling Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule Fool View Post
Of course there's horses in heaven! How could they call it HEAVEN if there weren't??????
Well said!
10 yr old German Shepherd "Rocky", and
7 yr old Ragdoll "Princeton"
dustyangel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:08 PM  
Started

exactly! It wouldn't be Heaven without them!
Stormy's Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:13 PM  
Long Yearling

I am responding immediately and may have more to add later after I think about it for awhile. I can't listen to the link, my computer isn't set up to listen to anything or watch videos. So I am sorry I cannot hear it.

Animals do not have souls. I believe there will be animals in Heaven. But I do not believe that when our aniamls die, they go there. From past studies, I will have to research and find the verse that supports this, I remember that somewhere the Bible said that dogs will not be in Heaven. That is the only animal that will not be there. When those who have confessed Jesus Christ as their Savior, get to Heaven, we are going to be in such awe, from being in the prescence of God, that we will honestly not care if there are animals there or not. We will be worshiping God, and probably so will the animals. This is what I believe the Bible to say. I will have to find that verse, and I may have more to add after thinking about it for awhile.

Luv2Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:18 PM  
Started

Well that's a downer I was really hoping to see ALL my animals there, and even while worshipping God, I'd make time for my furry friends.

I don't regret the things I've done. I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance.
Pony express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:22 PM  
Long Yearling

I am not saying there will not be animals. I think there will be LOTS of animals!!! I just don't think that our animals die and go to Heaven. I think when they die, they are just gone.

Luv2Game is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice