Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2010, 03:15 AM  
Weanling Member

Paso Fino & Branding ?

I got a paso fino about a year ago and started to wonder what his brand means. Looks like the @ symbol. Anyway while I was trying to look this up I keep seeing over and over: shots, coggins, and brand inspection mentioned.
What is a brand inspection?
krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:39 AM  
Halter broke

Send a message via MSN to desti
Does it look like a capital A with a circle around it? If so, it may be the brand of 4 Aces Paso Finos. http://www.4acespasofino.com/
desti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:42 PM  
Weanling Member

No it really looks like the @ symbol. Its on his sire to... el picaflor de casta
Also what exactly is a brand inspection?
I have a pic of my Paso and his sires pic on my website but I cant post the pic here. I've tried before and cant figure it out.
http://rednrufie.webs.com/apps/photos/
krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:00 PM  
Yearling Member

Brand inspection is required for transportation out a certain jurisdiction like out of state or out of the country in some areas of North America. It's also done when selling livestock. Buyers can choose to have a brand inspection done prior to paying for the livestock to ensure the seller is the rightfull owner of the livestock being sold. Most of the time it's done at auctions. Livestock is brand inspected before being allowed into the sale to ensure the proper owner is being paid for the livestock being presented for sale. All based around registered brands applied to the livestock. If it has a brand, you need proof you own it or it needs to be your brand.

So that brand that's on your horse and his sire is probably owned by the breeder and it's their way of legally marking their livestock as being owned by them. Your bill of sale or registration papers will show transfer of ownership to you but without that or some other kind of proof of ownership, the horse legally belongs back to the brand owner.

Last edited by peacecountrycowboy : 12-07-2010 at 08:06 PM.
peacecountrycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 AM  
Newborn Member

Paso Fino Brand

I recently purchased a horse (unregistered as far as we know) that looks a bit like a Paso Fino and she has a brand on her right shoulder that looks somewhat like a @. It is large. She also has a notched right ear. Did you ever find out about your horses brand? Do you know where I can find more info about this? Thanks!
kirsten658 is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice