Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2010, 08:06 AM  
Coming two

Walking/gaited horses or Classic Shetlands Mane Ribbons

I got an order from overseas for ribbons the same style as TWH and Shetlands wear for show. (clip ins) They are either braided or twisted... I am thinking of doing the same twisting that I did for the two ribbon necklaces in this....

Does anyone have pictures of the ribbons in your horses hair and do you think the above twisting method will work? She did order one with three colors I am not sure if I can twist three... might have to braid that one.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:26 AM  
Started

I am not sure I understand your question - but I will give it a shot. The ribbons that are used in TWH are usually 1/2 wide, very stiff ribbon. Braided with two or three colors - and the ends stick up about an inch (top and bottom). The mane ribbon is about the length of the longest part of the mane.
alliebath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:37 AM  
Coming two

The ribbon I use is semi-stiff. I plan on twisting them the way I twisted the two necklaces above if that will work. I can always braid them if needed but I didn't know if there were regulations about such things. She ordered two with the roses I make at the top and three without the roses. She is showing Classic Shetlands but she said the ribbons are the same as they are for TWH. I just couldn't find a good picture online... thought someone might have one here.

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice