Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 07:15 PM  
Long Yearling

Bockmann horse trailer??

Anyone ever heard of bockmann horse trailer (not the correct spelling but my computer doesn't make those characters LOL)? I am looking at getting a trailer one day in the hopefully soon future and am looking for something lightweight and balanced. I had my heart set on a brenderup but they are incredibly expensive to buy new now and there aren't many used ones for sale. There is a lady a couple provinces over that sells brenderup and these bockmann trailers but I have not been able to find much info on them. I am waiting to hear back from her but thought I would send it out on here while I wait! It is german made and they usually make good stuff!

Here is her site and the bit on these trailers
http://www.boeckmanncanada.com/

Against the grain should be a way of life
Don't take the free ride in your own life
mlh619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 AM  
Weanling Member

Hi there, Maple Lane Equestrian Trailers in Smithfalls, Ontario sells them. They are just outside of Ottawa. I went to their website and the representative sent me a really informative package with a DVD. The Bockmans are a bit less expensive than the Brenderups, but not by much.

If you are looking to get into an entry level Bockman, 2 horse, your not going to pay under $10,000. I have also looked into trying to get a second hand one, but I have never seen one, with the exception of the states.

Here is the link for more information:
http://www.brenderupincanada.com/
Skipshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:07 PM  
Pasture Pet

I client has the Brendrup Baron with a dressing room, and I like it a lot. THe issue I have with the smaller Brenerup 2 horse trailers , is that the taller horses have to stand with their heads tipped in to the center of the trailer...not a big deal for short hauls, but of concern for the longer ones.

I think the boekmans have the same aerodynamic fronts that don't allow the horse to hold its head straight if it is a larger horse. Something to consider.

Karen
EquineAlberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:28 PM  
Bombproof Member

Doesn't a trailer travel in the slip stream of the towing vehicle. I think the Brenderups can be pulled by a small SUV. A steel horse trailer works well and not too heavy in the 2 horse size. For more than two horses, the Exciss or Featherlite aluminum clad trailers are nice. My trailer was previously owned by a gal who hauled one horse and she added some frilly touches to the other stall for privacy as that became her change room.
Slim Pikkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:18 PM  
Long Yearling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipshooter View Post
Hi there, Maple Lane Equestrian Trailers in Smithfalls, Ontario sells them. They are just outside of Ottawa. I went to their website and the representative sent me a really informative package with a DVD. The Bockmans are a bit less expensive than the Brenderups, but not by much.

If you are looking to get into an entry level Bockman, 2 horse, your not going to pay under $10,000. I have also looked into trying to get a second hand one, but I have never seen one, with the exception of the states.

Here is the link for more information:
http://www.brenderupincanada.com/

That is her site that the link is for! She is the only one in Canada at the moment that sells them I think. I have a dodge nitro to pull with which is why I would love to get one of these!! I am going to try a conventional two horse tomorrow with one horse in it to see how it does but I think it will be too heavy with 2 horses in it. We are taking it to the scale to weigh it!
I really would love a baron with the tack room!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 07:38 PM  
Greenbroke Member

We have a feed client that has a brenderup, and they absolutely love it. they pull it with a smaller-ish suv with no probs. they have the extra tall/extra wide one because they have a a couple warmbloods. I really like them, but they are pricey. Even the used ones are usually 7-8k range, and they go fast. I keep trying to convince the hubby that we need one
Old 04-23-2009, 08:33 PM  
Long Yearling

There's one (Brenderup) parked out behind the barn I go to for round bales and I wondered how fast I could hook it up and be gone.
dixiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:26 PM  
Long Yearling

I have talked to quite a few in the states but usually by the time I get the cash lined up and the weekend comes when I can go they are sold. I won't pay for it over the internet on an item that big in case it is a scam and they just sell so fast! They finance for new ones that will make it easier and they do last a long time so I believe it is worth the investment as I don't forsee all my horses going anywhere soon. A 2 horse will hopefully deter me from buying more than that LOL!

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice