Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009, 08:04 PM  
Newborn Member

horse on craigslist

Champagne QH Gelding - $500 (Waynesville)

Tex is an 8 year old, 14.1 - 14.2 hh, unregistered QH gelding. He has not been ridden since this summer and was only ridden a couple times over the summer. He would probably be very rusty right now.

Tex does not like being tied (I was told this by his previous owner, we have never tied him in the two years we have had him) and will load easily into a stock trailer, but does not like a small, straight load and can be naughty about being trailered if he hasn't been in awhile (which he hasn't been). Good on trails - could care less if other horses are in front, behind, or completely leave him, not scared of cars on the road, he is a very brave horse and hardly anything frightens him. Does not have much experience at the canter and would need worked by an experienced rider at. He is ridden in a snaffle.

Had been shown in 4H showmanship, halter, and walk-trot by previous owners.

He is a beautiful horse! He moves like a dream and is worth a lot more than $500, but we have no time for the horses anymore. A good home is a must - would recommend for an intermediate to advanced rider, could make a nice kids mount due to his quiet disposition in time, but right now he needs more miles put on him.

Current on farrier and had his teeth done by a professional horse dentist in November - does not have coggins or recent shots.

I am going to check him out and wanted to know what everyone thinks. I personaly think it is unreal( he looks way to nice). And the problems sound way to easy to fix.
paintsbyapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:59 PM  
Halter broke

He's a nice looking horse but about as far from being champagne as he can be. Champagne is a dilution gene and if he was champagne, his skin would be pink.
smoothmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:29 AM  
Kid Safe

EEPS just figured out this post was from a year ago, my bad.

RIP Justin
You stole my heart and for that, I am grateful.

Last edited by Sirita_88 : 09-13-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Sirita_88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice