Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Regional Chat > Forum for MN/WI/IA/ND/SD/NE
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 04:38 PM  
Yearling Member

4 year old AKC Male Sheltie...give away to good home...

I will be taking in my sisters dog in a few weeks and will be looking to find him a home in a month or so. Rex is a good dog, absolutely beautiful, she spent a bit of money on him as a puppy. My sister just didn't know how to teach him manners and behaving, so, for 4 years, Rex has been running however he wanted. Before he goes I will be working with him to settle him down. His behaviors are all correctable and just need some work. He would make a wonderful 4-H project if some one wants to take the time with him. A good home is a must, and he would be free to the right home, as long as they realize he is a working breed and needs a job!! He is not neutered so could also be used for breeding. If anyone is interested, knows of some one who would be or would like more info...just let me know. I will get pics this weekend of him and post them on here. He WILL come with his papers of course. Thanks!!

"Saving a horse may not change the world, but it will change the world for one horse." Melanie Bowles, founder of Proud Spirit Horse Sanctuary
roguemare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 PM  
Started

My dad's neighbor has a soft spot for shelties they have had like 4 I think--I'll see if they have room for a "freebie"
Old 05-15-2009, 04:12 PM  
Pasture Pet

Mostly I seem to be in the "business" of talking people out of getting pets, but if I do happen to hear about a GOOD home I'll send 'em your way. Good luck, those are very good dogs and cute as a button too.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:06 PM  
Coming two

Send a message via Yahoo to hezzer
Oh I love shelties, have one of my own. Too bad you are so far away, it would be nice to have another. Good luck finding a home. It shouldn't be too hard, seems like anyone that has had one before always gets another. Great family dogs, mine herds my kids in the yard, so fun to watch.

When you look for the good in others, you discover the best in yourself!

Presence is more than just being there!
hezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:27 PM  
Yearling Member

Now Roguemare, are you sure you want to find that dog a new home? Don't you think he might be perfect for YOU? Shelties are definitely the best dogs for real animal lovers-smart, athletic, and gorgeous. They are so much fun to work with too. They are so fast they can make you look good when you are not and fantastic when you are. Any chance he is a keeper?
pennyrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 PM  
Yearling Member

I'd already thought about it, but, I have 2 dogs, a red (blonde) heeler and a golden retriever. My sister thinks I am going to keep him also, as I have always been the "animal rescue" bringing strays home all the time. But, hubby has very sternly put his foot down no more dogs. I had to practically beg to get him to agree to put another kennel up for Rex to come stay. I also just don't have a desire to have another dog, Honey is my worker and savior...and Jake...is just my old dog that loyally loves me and won't leave my side. Rex is a beautiful animal and will make a wonderful companion for some one...ELSE!

"Saving a horse may not change the world, but it will change the world for one horse." Melanie Bowles, founder of Proud Spirit Horse Sanctuary
roguemare is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Regional Chat > Forum for MN/WI/IA/ND/SD/NE