Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Regional Chat > Forum for MN/WI/IA/ND/SD/NE
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2009, 09:40 AM  
Yearling Member

Free horses

I've made a hard decision. I want to find a home(s) for my 3 year old geldings. I just have too many horses.

I took them in when they needed a home at a very young age. They've been handled a lot and are very tame. They love attention and love to be worked with.

Here are some pictures I have of them that I took late last summer. I can get some current pictures too.

This is Hank. He's a small grade chestnut gelding. He's tame, easy to catch, and likes to be worked with. He has a pretty head, lots of mane and tail, strong hooves and he's an easy keeper. I've rubbed the saddle pad all over him and he doesn't care a bit. I put a small saddle on him (without a cinch) and he was fine with it. If I was a little braver I would get on him, he's mellow. He's a small horse that reminds me of a small mustang. With a little work and training this guy would make a nice riding horse for someone that doesn't want a big horse.

hank2-1.jpg

hank2-2 (2).jpg

This is Hawk. He is a beauty. He is very tame, always the first one to the fence, and easy to catch. I'm thinking he is a pony cross. He's about the size of a Welsh pony.

jeb and hawk-2.jpg

hawk (r).jpg

hawk 2-2.jpg

So, I'm hoping to find a loving home for these boys.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:13 PM  
Pasture Pet

They are very good looking horses and it sounds like you've done a lot with them. I always think it would be so neet if a 4Her with younger siblings got a horse like yours. There was this one show where we watched this little kid "run barrels" on an older pony. You could so tell that it was the pony who knew the ropes and that little boy was just sitting there I am such a sap but I was laughing with tears in my eyes it was just so darn precious. And then when they finished there was mom and the two older sisters cheering him on. Oh man, now that's the life for a horse, don't you think?

Anyway, I wish you the very, very best future for those two guys, they're beautiful!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:17 PM  
Yearling Member

Leading off the previous post. You have 2 ponies that need loving homes and 4h is such a great avenue. Our 4h will have an essay contest where someone is willing to give a horse to the person who writes the best essay. You should talk to your local 4h groups and find out if there is something like that that could be done. Then not only would you be sure of a good home but you'd be making some little kids dreams come true!!!! Good luck finding them homes!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:56 PM  
Yearling Member

Thank you for the encouraging words!

I just love these boys and want what's best for them. I would just love for a boy or girl to own them and love them.

Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Regional Chat > Forum for MN/WI/IA/ND/SD/NE