Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Regional Chat > Forum for Alberta, Canada residents
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2008, 08:07 AM  
Started

Send a message via MSN to Sassy
Looking for a good ole kids horse/lg pony. She is home.Picture Heavy!

Ok since we are shopping about I thought why not ask you guys here if you have or know of what we are looking for. First off a few things to note:
  • We have limited funds of 1000.00 (even though my wanted ad states looking for cheap we get alot of folks e-mail us with their 5000 pony. Not that they aren't worth that but we are limited financally..
  • We are limited in travel to about 2 hrs from our location in Lac La biche Ab. Just due to the price of gas! WOW eh!
Ok that being said here's what we need. A good ole babysitter type kids horse. We don't care what bred or color. No studs. Must be easy to catch/tack/worm/farrier/load etc. Must love kids most of all. And be a very patient and gentle mount. Our son has ADHD and his focus wanders so the horse should be safe with out constant dirrection from the rider. Like a trail mount that will fallow but at the same time will take direction with out fussing! we are not concerned about age so long as the horse is sound. even if there are some minor issues (arthrits etc) I am sure we can deal with them. Our son is a timid rider of 9 and he is small for his age but strong. He rides my mare right now in a controled area but she knows full well he isn't in control so she pretty much does what she wants giving into him if he insists. And she is helping to build his confidence big time. But he needs a buddy of his own! We have had a few ponies but non so far have worked out. Some to aggressive etc... Anyway feell free to post or pm me if you have something or know of something or see an ad for one that suits our needs! Any help woudl be greatly greatly apprecaited!
Final not this would be for a forever home! Would get much love and attension.

Last edited by Sassy : 06-21-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:50 PM  
Started

Thanks for the PM Bear bait....
Old 06-05-2008, 04:26 PM  
Weanling Member

Your welcome Sassy
Bear Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:22 PM  
Halter broke

I jusr wanted to send some good vibes your way. We just found one for my daughter who incidently also has ADHD. Horses are really a god sent for her. We were looking for a pony , but ended up with a 15.2 hand horse. What can ya say when you find the one it is the one.
haleyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:36 PM  
Halter broke

How about this guy:
http://horsetopia.horse-for-sale.org...fieds/ad307328
Old 06-11-2008, 07:28 AM  
Started

Thanks Haleyg, I inquired on him the same darn day he sold. Missed it by that much. And yes, when you find the right one you find the right on. I am flexable on my size etc if it is a really good ole horse. Ethan loves to ride, that's him on my mare Misty in my advatar picture. We are doing feet on hubby's mare so Ethan is plodding around on my mare. Giving each other grief. She is great with him but she is stuborn with green riders so... Kinda funny to watch him try make her to as she is asked when he is so small. But she really is good for his confidence.

And Thank you too Bearbait for all the info on Casey. If only he were closer to my price range. Dang it, I hate that my kids pony/horse search is limited by cash flow.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:49 PM  
Started

have a look this is Cheyanne! She is an appy blind in one eye but apprently a gaurenteed uncomplicated kids horse!? The price is right. What do you guys think!
<LI class="module service " id=module_itemRecordGuid.47fd584fb26632.44081982>OK JILLS LETA

Super kids horse....OK JILLS LITA ; 1995 ApHCC #35148 Lovely Chestnut with a blanket over loin and hips. "Cheyanne" has been shown English and Western and also started in the hunter ring. She was shown by a 11 yr old girl and hacked out safely alone and with others. Unfortunatley Cheyanne lost sight in one eye but is completely able to be a safe uncomplicated childs mount.
Asking price $1500
Old 06-11-2008, 05:00 PM  
Started

Going to see if we can view her this weekend!! Hubby said OK!! So if it is a go with the owner we shoudl be seeing her this weekend!? Fingers crossed!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:01 PM  
Yearling Member

she sounds like what you need, but in the same breath, watch out with half blind horses. I know of one who went a little batty after loosing sight in one eye... as things got "scarier"
Old 06-11-2008, 05:03 PM  
Started

I agree but we will be making sure she has no issues with her one eye being blind. I sure wish we had the funds to go for your friends horse! Wow.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:39 PM  
Halter broke

She looks really nice. I have a horse that recently lost his sight , and he has been great.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:13 PM  
Weanling Member

AWESOMESassy. I am keeping my fingers crossed for ya
Bear Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:51 AM  
Pasture Pet

Make sure to find out WHY she lost her sight in that one eye. If it is genetic, as is the case with some appy's, then she will likely loose sight in the other eye sooner or later.

Aside from that she sounds like a great deal, so good luck!

Karen
EquineAlberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:54 PM  
Started

Hum genetic blindness. That is some thing to ask her about. But we are not looking at her this weekend as she will not be around so will have to reschedule! So still time to look around before we head up to see her!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:17 PM  
Pasture Pet

They actually study appy's to learn more about human site/blindness problems. Just like there is a link between the appy colour and Uveitis, so something to research perhaps before you go, so you know what questions to ask. If you do a Google search for "Blind Appaloosa" you will get a lot of info!

Karen
EquineAlberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:47 PM  
Started

Well we got some info from a friend near by about a fella near Edmonton who runs a pony riding ranch and supposidly he has all kinds sizes and riding ranges of ponies for sale so we are going to give him a call and check him out. And apprentlly his prices are very reasonable. Never know! It is so much closer and with the price of gas and my limited horsie budget I need to be a cheap skate somewhere and I would rather it be in travel then in the horse itself lol... So wish us luck once more!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:51 PM  
Pasture Pet

Good luck Sassy!

Night Fire Ranch
Gotta Love Duns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:56 PM  
Started

Thank you gotta love Duns.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:46 PM  
Started

Ok here anotehr we are goign to look at. She is 6 yr old arab 14.3hh and an excellant kids horse and cheap right in my price range! And she is local!!!

Old 06-15-2008, 07:00 PM  
Long Yearling

Send a message via MSN to islander
i was looking at her too but cant have another till next yr
islander is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Regional Chat > Forum for Alberta, Canada residents