Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Regional Chat > Forum for AL/GA/MS
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2008, 12:39 PM  
Weanling Member

Send a message via Yahoo to aguestnga
Equine Dentist in GA???

Anyone know of an equine dentist that would service the middle Georgia area? Of the six horses in our barn, I know at least four needing some attention to their teeth but after reading so many threads on here recommending you NOT use your vet, that I'd like to try an equine dentist if I can find one.

Thanks!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:55 PM  
Pasture Pet

Contact Carri - she may know of one..

If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine of Hippo
gbarmranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:58 PM  
Seasoned

Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond_Y
I think it would depend on the vet. Our vet spent a year training for equine dentistry, so I would trust her much more than any dentist who was not also a vet.
Diamond_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:30 PM  
Bombproof Member

I know of a wonderful Equine Dentist that comes out of South Carolina. PM me if you need details to contact her.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:58 PM  
Pasture Pet

I REALLY like the lady who just came and did my horses. I had the vet on hand to sedate, but this lady did a great job on my horses. Opie is parrotmouthed, and after she did him, his lower jaw dropped over an inch and his lower incisors actually meet his upper incisors now! And she accomplished that after years of him going to UGA to the vet school to have his teeth done. She also completely fixed Sweet Pea's problem of throwing her head, and I had just had her teeth done in September and the dentist who did it did not realize that she had un-erupted mare teeth. Our vet had also floated Portia's teeth when we bought her, and she re-did her, too, 3 months later, and I could really tell a difference. She put the speculum in and let me feel before and after she did all of their teeth. I can tell, particularly with Opie, that they are so much more comfortable now.
Send me a PM if you want her number!
Carri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:49 PM  
Pasture Pet

My trainer has the number of a gentleman by the last name Cashin. I have heard good things about him, but I haven't used him yet. My vet had recommended him about 6 years ago. So I am gonna see. I had contacted another lady in January here in Georgia that goes as far as Dublin, she lives up in North Georgia. She was the lowest 175.00 per horse. She is a licensed vet, as well as a equine dentist (went back to school). I might just use her, if I can't get the other one. She does take half down and bill the rest if there are alot of horses involved.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:03 PM  
Pasture Pet

Jason Cashin did my horses in September...
Old 03-04-2008, 08:30 PM  
Started

I'm also interested in an equine dentist. Carri how far does the vet/dentist you use travel? And cost?

"Never miss a good chance to shut up." -Will Rogers
thunderbaby703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:24 PM  
Pasture Pet

She will travel all over GA, but may charge some gas money depending on how far you are. Her rate depends on how many horses she will be doing. She is extremely reasonable, it is $80 per horse for multiple horses, $100 if you are only having one horse done.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:42 PM  
Started

Oh, that's not bad at all. One vet charged me $400!!! Said he needed major work done......... So even if everyone needed it I would still come out cheaper. Could you pm me her info? Thanks

"Never miss a good chance to shut up." -Will Rogers
thunderbaby703 is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Miscellaneous Horse Topics > Regional Chat > Forum for AL/GA/MS