Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Farm and Other Animal Talk > Farm Animal
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2010, 11:23 AM  
Coming two

I am impressed by these goat dairys. I like goats milk and cheese. Does anyone here have a store where they sell goat milk?
Sunlei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:35 PM  
Bombproof Member

Frugal me again. I just used an old solid coffee table and secured the pail to the wall. A stanchion wasn't necessary. The goat was also tied so she couldn't step off until I was done. She was good as her treat was a 25cent size sliver of salt chipped off the lick.
Slim Pikkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:55 PM  
Newborn Member

Does your husband have a rough design he would be willing to share? We are milking 12 goats now and it will be 24 by next spring.
Thanks
Jackie
Goatsmilk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:19 AM  
Kid Safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Pikkens View Post
Frugal me again. I just used an old solid coffee table and secured the pail to the wall. A stanchion wasn't necessary. The goat was also tied so she couldn't step off until I was done. She was good as her treat was a 25cent size sliver of salt chipped off the lick.
Ah! Brings back memories of my beginnings. From the floor to the wooden spool and now this.....

If you have a goat or two I believe one can get buy but with so many this is so much easier or it will be when I can convince my girls they want to go in.

Welcome Goatsmilk2 what is it that you need to know? PM me for measurements and I'll do the best I can, after all we're just winging it here.

Still have lots of work to do on it but I figured I'd keep you all updated.
The arrow shows the pipe my hubby welded in to narrow up the opening to keep the goat in.

Haven't tried to get my billy up there yet. I'm still strugling with these gals.

The two does on the left are my dry does. They wanted to go up on the stand so I figured no time like the present to learn. I'll be glad when I can control when they get on the stand. please excuse the mess. I was trying to store some extra bales. Guess they found them.

Still milking by hand as you can see the milker off to the left well it's still not hooked up yet. Hubby asked me to bring it out as he has yet another idea. Stay tooned for more updates.

Horsetopia Forum > Farm and Other Animal Talk > Farm Animal