Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Farm and Other Animal Talk > Boarding / Farm Upkeep & Real Estate
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2007, 05:40 PM  
Newborn Member

Horse Barn/RV Storage

I am in the process of drawing plans for a new barn and want to include a place to store my 29' travel trailer. We have 2 horses, but want to have 4 horse stalls. Also, a place to lock up the chickens at night.

Any ideas are appreciated
Old 12-30-2007, 02:49 PM  
Newborn Member

Looks like this plan does not exist, so I will share one as soon as I finish to get some comments and advise.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:55 PM  
Kid Safe

How tall is the trailer? Would you want a pull-through, or are you good enough at backing to put it away in a one-ended shelter?

Also, do you want only four stalls, or would an extra or two be usefull? (or space for them, unfinished)

Do you need indoor bathing facilities, tack room, feed/hay storage? Can the feed/hay be in a loft?

taelesean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:04 PM  
Pasture Pet

Sure my idea is to go with a metal building company and it is quickly put up-and they can do it anyway you want. I have 2 of them and we love them.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:35 PM  
Newborn Member

I intend to back my travel trailer in. I am going to allow a height of 14 feet for the parking door. My trailer is 9' high, but I want to allow enough for future trailer upgrades.

A rough draft I have drawn has 6 stalls on the left side, 4 stalls are 6x10; one is 10x10 for hay and the last one is a tack room. The width of the barn is 45' and the length is 60'.

The idea I have now is to back the trailer in the middle with a 5' hall across the back.

On the right side is a 15' x 15' "hen house." The rest of the area on the right side is storage: work area, storage of lawn mower, etc.

I will not need a rest room. I do not want a loft.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:49 AM  
Pasture Pet

www.eaglecarports.com
We have used this company before and am pleased with the quick construction and with the quality of work.
You can arrange it anyway you want and they have a few plans that just scream BARN instead of carport.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:16 PM  
Started

My friend has a really cool barn. It has 4 horse stalls with an indorr riding ring and storage. She has a loft only over the horses stalls. I know you say you don't want a loft, but it's really neat how she has it.

I don't regret the things I've done. I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance.
Pony express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:23 PM  
Newborn Member

Thanks, Eagle Carports does have the design I have drawn up. Except, the two open sides would be closed and I would put horse stalls on the left, chickens on the right and storage on the right. I would expand the barn to 60' x 45'.

I will talk to them. Thanks

Horsetopia Forum > Farm and Other Animal Talk > Boarding / Farm Upkeep & Real Estate