Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Farm and Other Animal Talk > Boarding / Farm Upkeep & Real Estate
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2011, 08:13 PM  
Weanling Member

Send a message via AIM to PaladinCentaur
Where to look for horse property for rent.

Hey everybody I'm moving and need to find a house with pasture for rent, but I'm not having any luck finding any.

I've tried all the local papers and craigslist where else would you look?

I've seen a lot of apartments and houses, but nothing with pasture.

If you're bored I'd love some help looking. Needs to be in the ruston, choudrant, chatham, eros, or calhoun area of louisiana. All of these towns are fairly small except for ruston.
PaladinCentaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:35 PM  
Yearling Member

Look for houses that are for sale, also. You might find someone who is having trouble selling and would be willing to rent.
mathteacher678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:15 AM  
Started

I'd check at feed and tack stores in the area as well, and talk with any large animal vets. You might want to consider posting ads in those places, sometimes people with farms have "extra" housing on their property and pasture space that they're willing to rent out, but they don't necessarily advertise. I'd actually talk with as many horse or farm type people as possible, this kind of thing can be spread more by word of mouth than anything else. That's how my husband found our rental when we moved to SC, it was an unadvertised house with pasture available. Good luck!!
sfl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:19 PM  
Weanling Member

Send a message via AIM to PaladinCentaur
Awesome suggestions. I found one place calling around so hopefully it'll work out.
PaladinCentaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 PM  
Conformation Clinic Coordinator

Also, check with real estate dealers in the area.
gilmorehorsemanship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:46 PM  
Weanling Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmorehorsemanship View Post
Also, check with real estate dealers in the area.
Absolutely do this. We were having a VERY hard time finding a place. It took us about a year to finally find a place. We kept an eye on anything advertised in the paper for that time and went to look at every single place, even ones we had a pretty good idea wouldn't work. There was a lot of competition for every place we looked at, and many became so outrageously priced (through competitive offers by people desperate to get the place) we could have never afforded them. We also considered buying a place so we were using a realtor. We had told her that we would also consider a place to lease within our requirements, and she happened to know of our current place. It wasn't ready when we started looking, but became so later last year. She told us she would let us know as soon as it was ready to go, and she did. The place wasn't even advertised yet, and we got a FANTASTIC deal on it. It is nicer than any other place we looked at, and is less than half the price. It is less in rent than our house in town was. We just found out recently that one of the employee's of our landlord wanted to rent it, but we were already looking at it when he found out it was for lease again. So, the moral of my novel is: Use a realtor. They typically (around this area anyway) help people find houses for rent for free, with just the hope that you will remember that when you go to buy a house.
Majolica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:56 PM  
Halter broke

Place an add yourself with what you are looking for on Cgraiglist and so on.
Also write that on a note and hang it on every notice bord you can find in town and around.
We are looking for a simulair place for this Fall and already started looking.
Post on your FB and write all your friends in that area an email and ask them to cross post.

Bianca

www.nocturnalbt.com
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote

Horsetopia Forum > Farm and Other Animal Talk > Boarding / Farm Upkeep & Real Estate